What Your Favorite Thanksgiving Dish Says About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Minnesota chapter.

I mean they do say, you are what you eat. Check out what your favorite holiday food says about your personality!

Mashed Potatoes and Gravy

You seem to get along with everyone. Friends and family close to you often refer to you as the glue that holds everyone together. With your easygoing nature and warm qualities, you mesh well with other personalities. Similar to mashed potatoes’ versatile and flexible quality you are often quickly become comfortable in new situations and are really able to make others feel at home. You, like your favorite dish, are a year-round staple, but you really seem to come alive during the holiday season.

Cranberries

Generally speaking, you are someone who works hard and receives little in return. You’re often overlooked and underappreciated, just like cranberry sauce, but look at you! Your sweet and sassy personality is nothing to look past. If only people gave you a fair chance they would understand how great you really are. However, though you may seem sweet on the outside – and don’t get me wrong, you are – but you also have no problem being a little tart if someone crosses you.

Turkey

Thanksgiving would hardly even exist without the turkey. You’re often considered a traditionalist, but this doesn’t mean that you’re stubborn or old-fashioned. Whether your favorite is light or dark meat it doesn’t matter, you just know that the best things in life – like turkey – are worth waiting for. The “big picture” of life is what you’re really focused on and you’re known for keeping people on track and getting down to business. Cooking a turkey takes focus and a ton of time, two things that you value greatly in your life. Thank you for your patience turkey-lover, Thanksgiving wouldn’t be the same without you.

Stuffing

You’re known for being cozy and really in touch with your emotional side. As a stuffing lover, one of your favorite pastimes is cuddling and you’re really in touch with your inner feelings. One of your best qualities is being able to easily adapt to new situations and make people you have maybe just met feel warm and fuzzy inside. Your cooperation and emotional insight is something to be admired, but be careful stuffing-lover, don’t let your sappy feelings get the best of you around the holiday season.

Green Bean Casserole

You love the holiday season and everything that comes along with it. Though some people may not understand it, you know the importance of family traditions and one of your favorite things is comfort food. Maybe you don’t appeal to everyone, some people just may not click with your personality. But those that you do become close with are truly genuine and will stick by your side through thick and thin. As a green bean lover, you understand the value of keeping your circle close and how great it feels to have a tight-knit group of friends.

Pumpkin Pie

Your favorite Thanksgiving dessert is a sweetie, just like you! As the life of the party, you love to have fun and don’t think there’s any need for all that boring business stuff in life. Though it may be your all-time favorite Thanksgiving dish, you would never hog an entire pie to yourself. You love your life and all of the amazing people in it, so you always know to take a slice and pass on the rest for others to enjoy and share with you.

Happy eating this year, Gophs!

Kaylee Shields

Minnesota '18

Kaylee is the President and Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Minnesota. She's a junior studying journalism with a minor in leadership, and loves all things HC! Her favorite things to write about? Students who are making a difference in the UMN community, relationships and dating, and local news in the Twin Cities.
Anna Rosin

Minnesota

I'm from St. Louis, Missouri and I'm currently going to school at the University of Minnesota, located in Minneapolis.