16 Things You’ll See During Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Minnesota chapter.

As we near the end of the semester, final exams are slowly starting to consume all of our thoughts and worries. There’s no denying the fact that campus has a very different vibe as we’re all wrapping up our big projects and studying for tests. Walking around the U of M during this dreadful week in December, here are some of the things you may witness. Happy studying, Gophers!

1. People spending more time complaining about their finals than actually studying for them.

2. Random outbursts of sobbing because you feel like you know absolutely nothing at all.

3. Free snacks and puppies seem to pop up on every corner of campus. The university has to do something to keep us motivated, I guess.

4. Lots of stress eating. Jimmy John’s probably makes BANK with all their deliveries to the library during this week.

5. Students begging their professors for extra credit after class.

6. Sweatpants. All of the sweatpants.

7. Students sound asleep in the strangest positions. Every one of those comfy chairs on the ground level of Coffman is guaranteed to be full.

8. All of a sudden the library is PACKED, when it’s been nearly empty all semester.

9. The lines at Starbucks are out of hand. Coffee seems to be the one thing keeping everyone alive at this point.

10. Messy buns and dry shampoo are suddenly every girl’s best friends.

11. Everyone seems to get sick, because it’s not like we have anything else going on.

12. Everyone seems to call their mom for some support at least once during finals week. She may not know Calculus, but she sure knows how to make you feel better.

13. Somehow, parties are still happening. Some of us are letting loose as a celebration of wrapping up the semester, and others are simply avoiding responsibility.

14. Students trying to calculate the bare minimum they need to get on a final to pass the class.

15. One day out of nowhere campus will turn into a ghost town. As soon as people wrap up their last final they’re out of there in the blink of an eye.

16. But by the end of the week, somehow you all made it and everyone is able to take one giant sigh of relief.

Kaylee Shields

Minnesota '18

Kaylee is the President and Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Minnesota. She's a junior studying journalism with a minor in leadership, and loves all things HC! Her favorite things to write about? Students who are making a difference in the UMN community, relationships and dating, and local news in the Twin Cities.