danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Things Collegiettes Who Are Busy AF Understand

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Minnesota chapter.

Every modern college student knows that going to class and earning stellar grades simply isn’t enough to impress employers after we graduate. Volunteering, clubs, internships, research experience and so much more is expected of us if we want to stick out from our peers. So you give it your all, but giving it your all is pretty time consuming. If you’re a busy collegiette, you can probably relate to at least a few of these.

1. No matter how much you love food, you still forget to eat sometimes.

And when you do eat, you often don’t have time to cook, and before you know it, BOOM, you ate cereal for dinner three nights in a row. Nutritious.

2. Your backpack is always full.

Walking across campus is basically a workout on its own when you’re prepared for an entire day. Laptop, notebooks, folders, binders, coffee mug, lunch (sometimes dinner, too), work out clothes, chargers… the list goes on.

3. Dry shampoo is your BFF.

Those precious minutes spent washing your hair can be used in much more productive ways. Also, don’t tell me you’ve never brushed your teeth in the shower before. Multitasking is an artform.

4. You enjoy little parts of your day like riding the bus or walking home.

Commuting is honestly your favorite weekday activity, because it means you don’t have to be studying, working or writing a paper. Who knew a five minute bus ride could be so relaxing?

5. The fact that some people don’t drink coffee (or some other caffeine source) absolutely dumbfounds you.

Remember that one time last month you got nine hours of sleep? Good times. For now, the only thing keeping you up and running is your intimate relationship with your coffee maker.

6. Netflix?

You wish.

7. You possess and fully utilize an agenda.

It’s probably color-coded too. That thing is your holy grail.

8. Sometimes you go a day or two without seeing at least one of your roommates.

They might even be a little surprised whenever they see you home before 9 p.m.

9. You can’t remember the last time you were bored.

Let’s be real: you don’t have time to be bored. You’re not even sure you understand the meaning of the word anymore.

10. Your resumé is on fleek.

You’re not running around working your a** off for nothing. You can see all your hard work paying off every time you update your resumé (which you end up having to do pretty frequently).

Amidst your crazy schedule, don’t forget to give yourself some me time and relax to avoid getting overwhelmed. We’ve all been there — sometimes you get the urge to just lay in bed, take a nap and wake up in time for graduation. Despite all your obstacles, you stay dedicated and motivated, and that’s what’s going to make you successful in the end.

Neuroscience major, Computer Science minor. Her Campus Minnesota Editorial Staff and Community Involvement Chair. My aesthetic is putting hot sauce on everything and watching cute videos of dogs.