This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Brace yourselves, ladies, because summer break is only five weeks away!

After a semester filled with papers, projects, PowerPoint presentations and entirely too much stress, it’s almost time to start making plans for the summer! But before you whip out your planner and start buying concert and/or plane tickets, there are a few essentials you need to stock up on first!

1. BB/CC cream

Why spend an hour or more of your precious vacation time putting on makeup? Opt for a lightweight BB or CC cream instead of your usual foundation to save time and get on with you day! And if you have any trouble spots or blemishes, add a little concealer for some extra coverage. 
  2. Wear-everywhere shorts

If you’re anything like me, you love having a few go-to pieces that you can dress up or down. My favorite shorts of the moment are these adorable scalloped shorts from LOFT! The detailing is to die for, plus they’ll go with just about everything in your closet! What more could you ask for? 

3. Sunnies on sunnies on sunnies

Aviators? Cat-eye? Reflective lenses? Why choose just one pair? Sunnies are the perfect finishing touch on any summer outfit, so go ahead and buy ’em all. You deserve it, girl.

I hope you found this article helpful, ladies! Now get back to crushing the rest of this semester so you can have the best summer ever!

Dezi Donaldson

Millersville

I am a senior at Millersville University, where I am pursuing my bachelor's in communication studies. As the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Millersville, I am so thrilled to be able to lead and collaborate with the many creative students that populate our campus. My personal mission as EIC is to spread the word about Her Campus Millersville and bring the chapter back up to pink-level before I graduate in May 2017. In my spare time, I love binge-watching Grey's Anatomy on Netflix and spending time with my fiancé and our families. I'm also a sales associate at my local LOFT store and a proud fur mama to a sweet pup named Java. My passions include social media, fashion, coffee, and bad puns. My ultimate dream is to work for Her Campus Media at their headquarters in Boston, MA -- let's hope I can make it there! Instagram: @dezidonaldson
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3