Nature Flowers Spring Pink
Nature Flowers Spring Pink
Jackie Ryan / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and for us single people, it’s not exactly the most exciting day of the year. But it doesn’t have to be that way! Rather than being gloomy and sulking on Valentine’s Day this year, let’s spend the holiday this year focusing on self-care!

Self-Care

Sometimes a simple face mask is all you need to make the day more pleasant. Paint your nails! Curl your hair! Put on a full face of makeup and feel good about yourself.

Treat Yourself to a Massage

Going along with self-care, go out and get a massage! Relaxing and getting in tune with yourself can be the key to strengthening your mental health. 

Write Yourself a Love Letter

Whoever said love letters can’t be from yourself? Take some time out of your day and write a letter to yourself. You can look back at it later for encouragement and to feel good about yourself. 

Have Breakfast In Bed

It doesn’t have to be a fancy breakfast, but in our busy lives, a simple breakfast in bed while reading a good book or watching a show can make a huge difference in the day. 

Buy Yourself Flowers

Flowers are common to receive on Valentine’s Day. That doesn’t mean you can’t give them to yourself. Remember, you’re someone special too! You can get flowers for yourself!

Have a Cheat Day

Valentine’s Day is a holiday after all! Take a cheat day, indulge in your favorite treat with no regrets!

Binge Watch Your Favorite Show

Snuggle up with your favorite blanket and binge watch a good show, whether it’s a new or old show! There’s no better way to spend the day. 

Celebrate Galentine’s Day

Get together with some good friends and celebrate! Who said Valentine’s Day can only be celebrated with your significant other? 

Spend Time With Your Pets

Listen, your pets are your number one fans, and undoubtedly love you more than anyone else could ever dream of. Spend some quality time with your pets, I promise it will be the best choice you’ve ever made. 

Spend time with Friends and Family

Friends and family will be there for you no matter what, so go spend some time with them! 

So, rather than sulking all February 14th again, let’s spend the holiday treating ourselves and spending time with our friends instead! Happy Valentine’s Day to both single and taken!

HCXO, 

Hannah O.    

Hannah O'Steen

Millersville '22

Hannah is currently a junior at Millersville University studying Interactive and Graphic Design. She absolutely adores dogs of any kind, plants, cozy rainy days, Studio Ghibli films and speaks fluent sarcasm. Her current goal in life is to graduate with the fewest amount of mental breakdowns possible.
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3