Copy of Copy of self lovepng?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Copy of Copy of self lovepng?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Alexandra Neiderer
Career

Learning to Love Myself

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Buckle up, ladies and gents, this is going to be a personal one.

Recently, I’ve decided that I have officially come to terms with myself. I’m realizing that I have a great deal of self-worth that I have not always let myself believe; I am an important person to many people, and I try my best to make sure that I am accepting of everyone that I meet.

Being in college has taught me a lot. I have learned so much about myself since being away from my small hometown. I’ve met some incredible people who have allowed me to open up and be myself, and being allowed to be myself has been such a blessing and an eye-opener. I have an amazing group of friends who I spend so much quality time with, and I am so thankful. 

Things have not always been easy, and that’s not necessarily a bad thing. I’ve had my fair share of bumps in the road, and they have shaped me into who I am today. Though I’ve encountered so many trials and tribulations growing up, I truly believe that everything happens for a reason; and I’m thankful for that.

I could not have realized my self support without a few things that are vital to my well-being, the first being the people in my life. My family and friends are those who have gotten me through everything-my ups and downs. My family is my rock. They are my primary source of my laughs, my hugs, my cry sessions, everything. They are my most favorite people on this planet, and I don’t know what I’d do without them. Another person that I have to thank is my boyfriend. I never knew that a person could love another person as much as he does towards me. He has taught me so much self-worth and has poured so much confidence into me, and for that I am blessed. And I can’t forget my friends, my roommates, my club friends (my Her Campus gals!!!), and some of my best friends from high school. All of these people mentioned are the ones that I have to thank for getting me through cloudy days and helping me see the good.yXUi0Lj2tpmDKFyt7KIVgB5G0Rc1ZoPxHuKEbmwjEdVY53UIhtO0QuUL84 bUZt2uxvjdjtigHQ5LC28qosCgs5o uE5RYzWLtZ 8ElAkir3P7ho9sorlkNKNK0Muw NcjiYriqZ

Another thing that I have to attribute to me learning to love myself is that fact that I rebuilt my love for my faith in the past few years. I am much more in tune with my beliefs and my spirituality, which has helped me to realize the good in life. I thank God every day for my blessings for what I have.

Lastly, I’ve learned to love myself by simply recognizing my worth. My talents, my interests, my abilities are things that make me myself. Not to sound cliché, but I am a unique person. I am the best thing that I can be: myself. <3

HCXO, Alexandra

Hi I'm Alexandra! I'm an English major with a concentration in writing studies, along with a minor in film studies, at Millersville University. I love to write, take pictures of anything and everything, and spend time with my family and friends. <3