This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Ah, spring break. This is the time of year when everyone flocks to the beach, hoping to trade the bitter cold and endless snow for warm breezes, abundant sunshine, and awkward tan lines.

Everyone but you, that is.

While everyone around you discusses their plans for that sacred seven-day break, you’re thinking about which show you’re going to binge-watch on Netflix first. While your friends shop for bikinis and get spray-tanned (you know, to avoid blinding the other beachgoers), you’re choosing which pair of sweatpants you’re going to live in for the next week and a half. 

Now, there’s no shame in spending your break huddled under the covers with your laptop — in fact, that’s exactly what I’ll be doing too — but there are a few things you’ll need to prepare yourself for this ultimate binge-fest:

Snacks on snacks on snacks

Spring break is when diets die. Counting calories? Watching your portion sizes? Psssshhhh, please, you don’t need that kind of negativity in your life. Go ahead, eat that entire box of Twinkies, girl. Reach for the stars. It’s better than gaining weight from alcohol, right?

A list of all the Netflix shows you’ve wanted to watch but couldn’t because, well, school.

Will you lose track of what day it is? Probably. Will you regret your actions and wish you did something more productive with your spring break? Absolutely not.

Your coziest clothes

Because there’s no way you’re putting on real pants this week. And makeup? Forget it. Bare-faced all day ev’ry day.

A playist of your favorite songs

For when you’re home alone and don’t have to worry about anyone walking in on one of your fabulous(ly horrendous) dance parties.

Your pet(s)

Let’s face it, you totally missed your pets while you were away at school, so you obviously want to cuddle with them as much as possible. Plus, nothing says “I missed you” quite like holding your pets hostage in your bedroom and forcing them to love you.

Well, lazy girls, that’s all you need to have the best, most relaxing spring break yet. Enjoy your time off and happy napping!

Dezi Donaldson

Millersville

I am a senior at Millersville University, where I am pursuing my bachelor's in communication studies. As the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Millersville, I am so thrilled to be able to lead and collaborate with the many creative students that populate our campus. My personal mission as EIC is to spread the word about Her Campus Millersville and bring the chapter back up to pink-level before I graduate in May 2017. In my spare time, I love binge-watching Grey's Anatomy on Netflix and spending time with my fiancé and our families. I'm also a sales associate at my local LOFT store and a proud fur mama to a sweet pup named Java. My passions include social media, fashion, coffee, and bad puns. My ultimate dream is to work for Her Campus Media at their headquarters in Boston, MA -- let's hope I can make it there! Instagram: @dezidonaldson
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3