The Lazy Girl’s Guide To Slaying Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

It’s the most brutal time of the year, ladies. That’s right — finals week is just around the corner, which means everyone’s stress levels are through the roof, people are panicking, and the library is practically a madhouse. But try your hardest to take a deep breath and remain calm, because I’m going to give you some tips on slaying finals week. So sit back, relax, and procrastinate for just a little bit longer.

1. Prioritize, prioritize, prioritize

Figure out which assignments are due first and plan your schedule accordingly. Block out timeframes to work on specific projects, papers, or to study. This will keep you more organized and help you focus on one task at a time, rather than anxiously hopping back and forth between assignments. 

2. Try to get adequate sleep

Nothing is more stressful or counterproductive than working or studying on little/no sleep. Let yourself rest and recuperate after a long day of doing homework. Trust me, your body will thank you for it. 

3. Eat a (slightly) balanced diet

While it’s totally tempting to eat a diet that consists solely of coffee and french fries, your body is going to need a little more sustenance during the most stressful time of the semester. Swap those fries for a salad or an apple with yogurt, and maybe put down that eighth cup of coffee. 

4. Take longer breaks less frequently

Nothing says “stress” like cramming the night before an 8 a.m. final exam, so cut out that unnecessary frustration by taking less frequent breaks! Rather than studying for 15 minutes and enjoying an hour-long Facebook break, study for an hour and reward yourself with a 10-15 minute break. You’ll get more done and have more time to relax in the long-run. 

5. Relax — you’re going to be fine!

Remember, this isn’t your first finals week! You’ve done this before and you can totally do it again! We’re just days away from summer break — or, for some of you, graduation — so keep your head held high! We’re almost there!

Dezi Donaldson

Millersville

I am a senior at Millersville University, where I am pursuing my bachelor's in communication studies. As the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Millersville, I am so thrilled to be able to lead and collaborate with the many creative students that populate our campus. My personal mission as EIC is to spread the word about Her Campus Millersville and bring the chapter back up to pink-level before I graduate in May 2017. In my spare time, I love binge-watching Grey's Anatomy on Netflix and spending time with my fiancé and our families. I'm also a sales associate at my local LOFT store and a proud fur mama to a sweet pup named Java. My passions include social media, fashion, coffee, and bad puns. My ultimate dream is to work for Her Campus Media at their headquarters in Boston, MA -- let's hope I can make it there! Instagram: @dezidonaldson
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3