7 Things You Need To Know About Class Registration

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Hey all,

So it is coming to that time of year where you have to plan for next semester, this can either be exciting or scary. Good news is this article will be your guide!! This article will help manage that stress and help you do what’s important: focus on you and your classes now!

1. MEET WITH YOUR ADVISOR

If you haven’t done this yet email him/her and set up a meeting ASAP you need to see your advisor to get your TAP number which will let you register for classes. Your advisor can also provide you guidance and help with which courses to take if you don’t already know.

2. DECIDE WHICH CLASSES YOU WOULD LIKE TO TAKE AND LOOK THEM UP

On Millersville’s homepage, you can look up different courses by subject, major, CRN number and others. Make sure when you look them up you, are searching for spring 2018 courses and it’s for undergraduate students. When you are looking at each course you can see the professor teaching it, the time, the days the class with meet and the CRN number (you will need this to register)

3. USE RATE MY PROFESSOR OR FRIENDS WHO TOOK THAT CLASS

When picking classes you want to do your research on the professors. Rate My Professor is a great way to see multiple opinions on a professor, if they use the textbook, and how their grading might work.

.

4. USE EXCEL OR ANOTHER WAY TO MAKE SURE YOUR CLASSES DON’T OVERLAP AND ARE ORGANIZED.

I personally find this helpful! When looking for coursed I use excel to plan out my schedule by day and time, then at the bottom I put the professor’s name, the time they meet, the days they meet, the credits the course counts for and the CRN number so when I register I can just put the CRN number in.

5. KNOW WHEN TO REGISTER AND HOW

When registering for courses, you register based on your credits earned. Unfortunately, this means sophomore and freshman students draw the short stick picking last. If you are a junior or senior you pick first and most of your courses are based on your major so no worries! Athletes and students with learning accommodations register before regular students as well so make sure you ask your advisor or look up the proper date and time to register!

7. WHEN REGISTERING

To register, your MAX account will ask you for the CRN number type that in to register for that course. If you are put on the waiting list don’t panic just make sure to keep updates on the status. Once you have registered for all your classes you are in the clear! Congratulations you have officially registered for the spring semester of 2018!

*All images courtesy of Giphy

The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3