This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami chapter.

With finals coming up and extremely busy schedules, it may be hard to stay active throughout the day. Especially for days that all of my classes are online, I basically do not leave my room that entire day. To me, that is the absolute worst feeling. I hate being cooped up in my room all day without any fresh air and some type of activity. As a result, I have come up with some strategies to keep myself active and motivate myself to spend some time outside.

While I know it is expensive, the way I keep myself active is by using my Apple Watch. My favorite thing about the watch is the workout feature where you can track almost any activity you are doing. You can track anything from walking, to swimming, to table tennis. You also have the ability to set your daily goals, and every few hours a day, your watch will vibrate, reminding you to try and reach your goal. The Apple Watch is an amazing tool to help remind you to stay active and track all of your progress throughout the day.

Another way I stay active is by forcing myself to walk anywhere I go, whether on or off campus. Whenever I need to get my nails done, go to CVS, or even get a coffee at Starbucks, I try to walk there. Even the smallest activity can help you stay productive and awake during difficult weeks like finals week. 

While I understand it may be hard to find time to stay active, there are many little tricks and tools to use to help throughout a busy schedule. Even the littlest activity such as a walk to Starbucks will help you stay productive and energized throughout your busy and stressful days!

Hello! My name is Aly Rubin! I have always had a passion for writing and I am very happy I get to continue that. I grew up in a small town in northern New Jersey. I have no siblings so growing up, it was just me, my parents, and my dog, Nina. Some of my interests include going to the gym, meeting new people, and traveling. I am the co-founder and co-owner of a non-profit organization called Change4Good, which I started in high school with three of my friends. I have always enjoyed giving back to the community and making other people happy.