This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami chapter.

Meet Emily McCreedy, a junior from Miami Shores, FL. Her major is psychology with minors in music, Spanish and kinesiology. She loves quokka, which are Australian rodents known for both their cuteness and general happy disposition. She has a strong passion for human rights and helping people no matter race, abilities or gender. She is an active member of Sigma Alpha Iota, COPE, Psi Chi and the Professional Development Academy. She can be found napping whenever she is not studying, singing or watching Netflix

What would you grab first during a zombie apocalypse? 

“My little brother, he would be completely lost and not know what to do so I would have to help him.”

What superpower would you want? 

“Teleportation.”

What experience has left a huge impact on you? 

“In high school I had a service project called “La Alegria del Senior,” which was a school for underprivileged children with disabilities in Lima, Peru. My school and I first raised $40,000 for scholarships to help fund their education, therapy and school supplies. Then I got to visit the school and assist the children, it was life changing and really made me appreciate what I had.”

What countries do you want to visit?

“Australia, Tanzania and Canada.”

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? 

“Living in my brother’s basement because he has a job and, well, I do not.”

Why did you decide on psychology?

“Because I liked the classes and love helping people.”

What is your favorite University of Miami memory?

“Honestly, this place has been so great it would be hard to pick just one, so I am going to give the generic answer of meeting all my friends, who made my UM experience.”

What is your favorite movie?

“’Finding Dory’.”

What is your favorite book?

“I absolutely love the ‘Harry Potter’ series.”

Unfortunately, not Blake Lively