This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami chapter.

Meet Ellery Jones, a junior hailing from Pensacola, FL (the oldest city in Florida). She’s a freshman RA by day and by night she is a makeup maven. She’s majoring in biomedical engineering with a concentration in bio materials and tissue engineering. She’s also very involved; Shes a research assistant in the physiomimetic microsystems laboratory, RA in hecht residential college, make up artist for distraction magazine, a member of ΤΒΠ, in engineering honor society, a part of ΑΗΜΒ biomedical engineering honor society and a member of the biomedical engineering society

Why did you pick to study biomedical engineering? 

I like medicine but I’m squeamish so I didn’t want to be a doctor. I like solving problems. If I have the ability to help someone else, then I will. I can’t go everywhere but I can make things that can go everywhere and help a lot of people.”

Speak about an organization that’s important to you: 

ΤΒΠ is important to me because the purpose of its members is to hold the highest standards of ethics in engineering and the importance of the quality of our work in peoples lives. I think this is something important to remember on a daily basis because your work can change the world.”

How did you first get into doing makeup?

In high school, I literally only wore mascara, I was introverted and kind of a tomboy, but then I got to college, I made a lot of friends who used and “did” makeup. I found it a great way to connect with other girls. You can walk up to a girl at a party and be like “OMG I love your highlighter” and it starts a conversation. I find it a creative way to express myself and you get to try something new every day.”

What are some of your hobbies? 

Video games, such as fallout and elder scrolls. I love watching Food Network and reality television. I also like camping and hiking.”

What is your ideal super power? 

“Teleportation, so I can travel.”

Speaking of travel, where is on your bucket list?

Vietnam because I have had a lot of exposure to Vietnamese culture because my hometown was where a lot of Vietnam refugees relocated after the war. I also want to visit Scandinavia because that’s where my family is from. I want to go to Britain with my grandma because she goes there a lot and went to art school there.”

Anything cool on your senior year bucket list?

“I’m taking a class about Islam and gender and I think it will be a unique learning experience and it’s a topic very interested in learning about.”

What are your plans after graduation?

I’d like to get a PhD or work in the commercial engineering field.”

What are some causes you care about? 

Animal rights, women’s rights, LGBTQ rights and universal access to healthcare.”

What fictional character do you most identify with? 

Louise, from ‘Bob’s Burgers’.”

Who do you look up to the most?

My mom, she taught me how to be the best person I could be. She always listens to me and is always there for me no matter what I have to talk about.”

What would you do if you won the lottery?

I don’t partake in the lottery, so I would never win.”

Unfortunately, not Blake Lively