This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

As my junior year comes to an end, I’ve found myself reflecting on some of my favorite classes throughout my time at Miami. I won’t lie, when I was a freshman I aimed for the “easy A” classes. As I got more into my majors, “easy” classes weren’t really an option anymore.

My advisor actually told me that even if a certain class is known to be difficult, just think about what I would learn from it. Without really any other choice, I started taking more difficult classes that sounded really interesting. I learned more from these classes, content-wise and work ethic wise than I ever did from the easy classes.

Yes, the classes were challenging. But, I learned the value of truly studying and understanding a topic. And now that I’m done with these classes I still remember much of what I learned and have applied those skills to all of my other classes. The easy classes may be a GPA booster, and sometimes we all need that, but I recommend challenging yourself to see what you’re really capable of – you might be surprised.

Just another college girl with a love for writing, coffee, and adventures. 
Carrie Shaheen

Miami (OH) '19

Miami University President/Writer