freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

When To Say “I Love You”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

We all know that “I love you” – three little words – are the most important words  in sealing the deal in any relationship. Say them at the right time and you’ll melt your sweetie’s heart. But say them at the wrong time and you might be doomed.  Her Campus took the time to find out exactly when the right time is to say the words, “I love you.”

Sophomore Lex Lee told us that saying the words simply depends on the person. “Some people are very sensitive and impulsive and say ‘I love you’ weeks into being with the person. Others take their time with getting to know their significant other,” she said.

Love cannot be based off of time – it varies for everyone. Glamour.com contributing writer Jillian Kramer believes that true love takes years to develop. Yes, the feeling of being in love takes a short period of time to develop, but truly loving someone takes a while. You have to overcome many obstacles and test your relationship. Kramer also mentions, “when you reach the point where you’re literally biting your tongue to choke back the words, it’s OK to exclaim ‘I love you!’”

Her Campus agrees. Even though the words of devotion can add pressure to a relationship, you shouldn’t hold back and later be filled with regret for not expressing yourself. So ladies, stop worrying about the right way to tell your beau you love him. It’s okay to be yourself and to embrace your emotions.

Karolina is a junior contributing writer and President of HerCampus at Miami(OH).
Ellie Conley

Miami (OH)

Ellie Conley is a senior at Miami University. She is the current Editor-In-Chief and the former Publicity Coordinator for the Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus.