This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Welcome back to campus collegiettes! We hope your first week back in Oxford hasn’t been too overwhelming yet, and that you’ve been able to enjoy catching up with friends during syllabus week. Our team is pumped to be back, and we’re ready to dive into the year with exciting content and fun events. We kicked off our first team meeting today, and can’t wait to start posting content; we know you all have been waiting to see who the next campus cutie!

Over the summer our leadership team held various internships in different cities and also did some traveling in both the U.S. and on an international level! Here’s a quick breakdown of what the leadership team has been up to since leaving Oxford for sweet summertime and what we are most looking forward to this year:

Melissa Maykut, our branch’s President, spent her summer doing communications and marketing work for the 2013 National Senior Games through her internship with the Greater Cleveland Sports Commission. During the course of her internship she wrote press releases for The Games, staffed and worked promotional events before the two-week event series and editied The Daily, the online publication for the Senior Games. After interning with the sports commission and shadowing the communications department of Progressive Insurance for a day, she’s looking forward to another year of Her Campus Miami (OH). She cannot wait to work with the entire HC Miami staff this year on brand new content and exciting campus events! 

Alex McNulty, our branch’s Editor-in-Chief spent her summer in Asia where she studied abroad in Tokyo for her spring semester. She truly enjoyed her time in Japan and is grateful for the opportunity she had to experience such a uniquely fascinating culture (and eat the freshest sushi of her life!). She is excited to finally be back in Oxford after eight months abroad and looks forward to collaborating on content and planning awesome events this year with the fabulous Her Campus team. She is super excited to begin recruiting new staff members to add to the mix!

Lauren Kiggins, one of our Assistant Editors, spent her summer in Manhattan as an intern at Harper’s BAZAAR and as a stylist at AllSaints. While she thrives off of the art, music, food, and overall culture the Big Apple has to offer, she has been anxiously awaiting the reunion of the Miami Her Campus team and all of the new members coming our way!  

Hannah Harp, also an Assistant Editor, did as much as she possibly could this summer before school rolled back around. She tried to stay active and spend a lot of time with friends. She met her goal of reading 10 books before fall and was introduced to her new favorite author, John Green, along the way. A couple of highlights of her summer included seeing John Mayer in concert, visiting Boston for the very first time, and vacationing in Cape Cod with three of her best friends. Hannah is excited to be working with the Her Campus crew again and is looking forward to working hard as a team in every way to be the best publication we can be.

Kiaya White, our Social Media Manager, celebrated her 21st birthday this summer, enjoyed peaceful Oxford, and had the great opportunity of being a store manger intern at Kohl’s. This semester Kiaya is most excited about meeting the new members of the Her Campus team and getting more people involved with social media!

Que Nguyen, our Head Photoblogger, spent this summer at home in Vietnam and interned for Citibank. During the summer, she also had the opportunity to attend a couple of fashion shows of big name brands such as BCBG. While she enjoyed seeing fashion both on and off the runway in the city of Vietnam, she is excited to be back in Oxford snapping pics for Her Campus to show the world how the ladies of Miami flaunt their own on-campus style. 

Ellie Conley, our Publicity Chair spent her summer studying abroad for four weeks in Rome, Italy. There she took classes in broadcast journalism and food writing, which combined two of her passions into one! She said it was an amazing experience that she feels lucky to have had while in college where not only the food was yummy, but so were the boys! She is looking forward to planning many fun events on campus this semester and throughout the year!  

Alex McNulty

Miami (OH)