Reasons Why We’re Obsessed With Amal Clooney

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

It’s hard not to be absolutely obsessed with the gorgeous and intelligent Amal Clooney. Not only is Amal a successful lawyer, activist and author, but she’s also a modern day fashion icon. Amal stands as London’s recently declared “most powerful woman” and she’s only 36 years old. This title is notable due to her powerhouse achievements inside and outside the courtroom. It’s no wonder George Clooney fell in love with Amal and her sophisticated style!

Here’s why Her Campus is obsessed with Amal:

1. Amal is absolutely beautiful. Her stunning, natural beauty catches anyone’s eye. Not to mention her luscious, dark locks.

2. The way Amal carries herself with class. She is always poised and collected, radiating elegance.

3. Her determination and intelligence. Amal attended the University of Oxford and then NYU for Law school. Looking at her accomplishments over the years and how she has asserted herself amongst her young peers is incredible.

4. Amal does it all. Specializing in multiple areas of law, she is always up for a challenge. She’s taken on cases from Julian Assange, the creator of WikiLeaks, and the former Prime Minister of Ukraine, Yulia Tymoshenko. In addition to being a lawyer, she is an activist and author. Currently, she is part of a legal dream team in the quest to send a collection of antique marbles back to Greece.

5. Never have we ever seen Amal step outside without being put together head to toe. This kind of pride she takes in her appearance and her attention to detail is something we have to admire. Whether she’s just stepping out to grab coffee, heading to the courtroom or out at an event with her man, she always looks chic.  

6. Last but not least, we’re drooling over her accessories. Amal keeps her head, heels and standards high. Every pair of shoes, set of earrings, handbag or necklace is perfectly placed and she makes it look effortless.

Amal makes it hard to even notice George is in any photo of the two …

Kaira is a Freshman contributing writer for Her Campus Miami (OH).
Ellie Conley

Miami (OH)

Ellie Conley is a senior at Miami University. She is the current Editor-In-Chief and the former Publicity Coordinator for the Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus.