Newest Oxford Eateries You Should Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Here are a list of things you should not be excited to see upon returning to Oxford: 1. Past hook ups 2. 15-page papers 3. Freshmen 4. Dining hall food

Here are a list of things you should be excited to see upon returning to Oxford: 1. Friends 2. Interesting classes 3. Uptown 4. New Oxford eateries

The summer is finally over, and when I say finally, I mean finally. Yes, it was long and well-deserved three months after a stressful spring semester but enough is enough. OxVegas beckons us back and these past two weeks have been full of reuniting and bad decisions. As we all try to get back into the groove with our academics and social lives, we quickly realize that Oxford is basically the same as we left it. For some, that’s a great thing. For others, it’s a reminder of the same old, same old. Well I’m here to tell you that not everything in Oxford stayed the same! Ladies, leave behind your latest one-night-stands and newest study spots. We got new eateries!!!

Here are three new, promising restaurants that just opened up in Oxford:

Books N’ Brews This little hole in the wall opened up right near Brick this past summer and is already gaining a lot of popularity. You need a place to study with free wifi and coffee galore? It’s the perfect place. You need a place for small, affordable appetizers with friends? It’s the perfect place. The best part is that it’s open for long hours and has fun weeknight activities, such as Trivia Night. Not to mention, you’re surrounded by a ton of books – all of which cost only $3 or can be exchanged. It’s a nerd’s paradise with a trendy, simple aesthetic.

Ramen Hachi Although this restaurant isn’t officially open yet, it is the talk of the town. Especially because it seems that all college kids eat are instant ramen, it has potential to be the newest eatery to go on dates and get real ramen that hasn’t been sitting for two minutes after being microwaved. It sits on a side street uptown and telling from the construction and the hype, it will be all the rage when it finally opens.

Millions of Milk Tea This bubble tea bar didn’t open up this summer, but is still fairly new. It has a huge variety of bubble teas, smoothies, slush, etc. and delivers right to your door. It’s the only place in Oxford that sells bubble tea and has a nice, clean finish inside. Although it is more of a grab n’ go place, you can definitely go there with someone as a spot that’s outside of the confines of campus and uptown. Beware, it is a bit pricey, but definitely worth it for some delicious bubble tea. If you’re anything like me, having a variety of cuisines is very important and keeps things interesting. Go out and try these new eateries, but more importantly, go out and have a wonderful fall semester.

Janelle Hart

Miami (OH) '21

Janelle is an English - Creative Writing and Media and Culture double major at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. Prior to college, she attended a small high school in her hometown of Freehold, NJ. She loves to write about today's culture and aspires to write future films.
Mallory Hackett

Miami (OH) '20