The Most Ridiculous Things Sold By Urban Outfitters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Over the past few years, Urban Outfitters’ redundancy to prove the coolness of their brand has resulted in ridiculous products that are often anything but. The brand’s devotion to keeping up with its “hip” reputation has stirred up production hiccups and even caused UO to state public apologies.

This past September, UO received some heat for their “unintentionally offensive”  Kent State University sweatshirt. The dark humored sweater, bringing back memories of the 1970 shooting at the Ohio school, forced the company the recall the ill-suited vintage attire.

But even when UO makes a poor fashion judgement or is found guilty in the overpricing  of cat mugs, customers keep coming back for more. Here are some of the most ridiculous things to be sold on Urban Outfitters:  

1) Fry Love You Egg Mold, $12Let us be frank here – you bought this so you could Instagram Sunday’s brunch and it’ll  probably take you three tries to place the yolk just right.

2) Polaroll Printed Toilet Paper, $8Wipe away with mediocre Instagram postings of coffee shops and motels in a desert.

3) Lobster Claws, $35 There is joke in there somewhere, but then again Halloween is over.

4) Bacon Pop Popcorn, $6This isn’t necessarily the weirdest thing, but it’s great to think that this is Ron Swanson approved.

5) Mahina Mermaid MerFin Mermaid Flipper, $100Fulfilling mermaid fantasies one purchase at a time.

6) Get High Now * Without Drugs* by James Nester, $14.95I wonder what the Just Say No campaign has to say about this.

7) Animal Clothes Hanger, $12Without a doubt your paranoia about the monsters in your closet will kick in when you come across these hanging pet heads in the middle of the night.  

8) Multi-Wall Hook, $79.99This uncanny genius invention will sure make your guest wonder why they hadn’t thought of it first.

9) Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream, $1874 percent snail extract, 100 percent virginal skin.

Alexis Moten

Miami (OH)

Alexis is a Junior contributing writer for Her Campus Miami (OH).
Ellie Conley

Miami (OH)

Ellie Conley is a senior at Miami University. She is the current Editor-In-Chief and the former Publicity Coordinator for the Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus.