Miami University To Host Its First-Ever Bridal Tea & Boutique

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Miami University is notoriously known for its Miami Merger tradition.

Miami Mergers (n.): When two people, both of whom went or are going to Miami University, are married.

What better way to take this tradition one step further than to have a bridal show focusing on wedding traditions here at Miami! This Sunday will mark Miami’s first-ever bridal show, which will hopefully be a great success and continue as an annual tea and boutique for many years to follow.

According to Alex Tremaglio, the Marketing Specialist for the event, “This not your ‘typical’ bridal show. In order to attend, each vendor was required to provide an ‘interactive’ activity at their booth.” Some examples of these interactive activities include a “Name That Song” trivia game, mini- manicures, live musicians, and limo tours to the most popoular wedding venues on campus.

This event is considered to be “boutique”, meaning that all of the vendors are either local or from the greater Cincinnati area. A sampling of the Uptown vendors include: Luna Blu, Oxford Flower And Sorority Gift Shop, Collected Works, The Blink Boutque, and Hush.

The Bridal Tea & Boutique will take place at The Marcum Hotel & Conference Center on Sunday, May 4th from 11:00am-4:00pm featuring door prizes, a strolling fashion show, food tastings, campus tours, and vendor items available for purchase. Registration information can be found online and tickets purchased here for $5. Tickets can also be bought at the door on the day of the event and are $7 for students and $10 for the general public.

If you, or any current Miami students or alumni you may know are getting hitched, this event is perfect to create excitement and awareness of campus wedding and reception opportunities prior to the wedding bells sounding off. Spread the word about this “unique, engaging bridal event” and definitely check it out for yourself!