Introducing Miami’s KIND Snacks Ambassador: Kelcie Mehwald

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

You may not know much about KIND Healthy Snacks yet, but you will soon! To promote these goodies and find out just what they’re all about, HC Miami chatted up Kelcie Mehwald, Miami’s business-savvy campus rep for KIND Snacks.

HC: Can you give us a little background about yourself?

KM: As you know my name is Kelcie Mehwald and I am originally from the south side of Cleveland in a small Township called Hinckley. I am a senior and am majoring in Supply Chain and Operations Management which is a major in the Business School.

HC: What are you involved in on campus?

KM: I am mostly involved in Alpha Chi Omega on campus where I am the Vice President of Chapter Relations and Standards. I am also the KIND U Ambassador as you already know. I was able to get involved as the KIND U Ambassador opportunity for Miami through applying at the end of last year and many rounds of interviews. It seemed up my alley because it’s somewhat business related, uses connections on campus, and is really fun. It also has to do with food which I love!

HC: What exactly is KIND Snacks, and how did you get involved?

KM: KIND makes delicious, all natural snacks from ingredients you can see and pronounce. There are three groups of products under the brands that consist of KIND Bars, Healthy Grains Clusters, and Healthy Grains Bars. The products are real foods that help you to stay fuller longer which makes them great snacks for collegiate students!  This is the first year having a brand ambassador on Miami’s campus and there are brand ambassadors at 43 other schools around the country. KIND Snacks promotes doing the KIND thing for your body, your taste buds, and your world.

HC: What are your career and life goals for after graduation?

KM: I am currently in the job search right now for something in the Supply Chain & Operations realm. I worked in the retail industry this past summer but am searching around anywhere! Ideally I would love to be working in a big city; I think that would be so much fun right out of college.

HC: What is something that people don’t know about you?

KM: Something people don’t know about me…. I am obsessed with food/am a huge foodie. In my free time I watch the Food Network and read food blogs. It’s probably an addiction.

Be sure to check out KIND Snacks whenever you’re hungry and crave a healthy pick-me-up!

Caroline is fashionable, creative, and eccentric, though she likes to consider herself whimsical. She is interested in animals, history, fashion, and true crime and wants to be a writer when she grows up (physically; she will never grow up mentally). When not contributing to Her Campus, she can be found studying, working on a million projects at once, people-watching, playing with her beloved cats and dog, writing for fun, and eating red velvet cake.