Campus Cuties: Couples Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Meet one of Miami’s Cutest Couples: Lexi Davis and Christian Taylor! Lexi Davis, a Junior AOII and Christan Taylor, a Senior PiKap have been dating for over 7 years, and still find ways to make each other smile!

HC: How did you two meet?

LD: We met in 2006, I was 13, which is funny to think about. Christian messaged me online because we had mutual friends. We are from the same hometown but went to different high schools. So we talked online, my Myspace page was tricked out and I always say that’s what lured him in!  So we started texting and the rest is history!

CT: I instant messaged Lexi on ICQ and said, “Hey”.  It was kind of creepy on my part but after we got to talking, we never stopped. I actually know the exact date that I sent the message that changed my life, July 17th, 2006.

HC: How long have you been dating for?

CT: We started dating on November 1, 2006, which puts us at about 7 years and some change.

LD: I fall more and more in love with him every day!

HC: Favorite Memory together?

CT: My favorite memory of us together definitely has to be going on vacation together for the first time. It was the summer before my freshman year of college and we went to Sunset Beach in North Carolina with her family.  It was just the first time that I really felt a part of her family.  I love each and every one of her family members and it was just an awesome time that made for an awesome memory!

LD: I’m throwing it back to high school. Christian was coming home from his senior trip and maybe like a family vacation, I can’t remember it perfectly, but he had been gone for a while and I missed him so much. He wasn’t supposed to be home yet and I went downstairs to my bedroom and he emerged from my closet! He scared the crap out of me and I was absolutely in shock and so excited! I just remember being confused because he wasn’t supposed to be home yet and he totally pulled a fast one on me! He hugged me and held me and I just kept asking him where he came from and why he was home already! He’s really good at surprises and that was a big one!

HC: What are your favorite things about one another?

CT: My favorite thing about Lexi is that she really lets me be who I am.  I am obnoxious, loud, over-friendly, and a royal pain in the ass but she just grins and bears it.  I think that she is one of the most accepting people that I have ever met and I would not be able to be myself, 100%, with any other person in the world.

LD: Christian is an amazing listener and that is one of my favorite things about him. He remembers everything that comes out of my mouth and genuinely cares about everything I have to say. I am the first to admit that I am not the best listener, so I admire the fact that he’s always invested in the conversations we have and always knows what to say in return. He’s also the funniest person I have ever met in my entire life and makes me laugh uncontrollably on a daily basis.

HC: Favorite thing to do together?

CT: My favorite thing in the world to do together is lay in bed all day and watch Netflix.  It may seem corny and cliche, but it is so comforting to be able to be lazy and just enjoy the company of the person that you love the most in the world.  Lexi never chooses what we watch, and yet, she still acts like she enjoys whatever trashy reality TV I have chosen for that days marathon.  She’s the Carrie to my Big, the Rachel to my Ross, the Joey to my Pacey, the Robin to my Barney.

LD: My favorite thing to do with Christian is just hanging out at one of our houses, watching TV, eating, and lounging around. College life can get busy, so I always cherish the time we have to just sit back, relax, and enjoy each other’s company.  I also love being in the car together. Our car ride to and from Oxford is three and a half hours, so we always have good conversations during those times and sing obnoxiously loud. With that being said, Christian likes to pretend he is on American Idol and actually belts out songs and pretends he is in auditions, Hollywood week, and the grand finale!

HC: What is the best thing you’ve done for one another?

LD: Christian encouraged me to go through sorority recruitment my freshman year and I cannot thank him enough for that. I was hesitant at first, and now I can’t imagine my life without my sorority and my sisters. I met my best friends in the whole world through AOII, and it’s because of him that I am having the time of my life at Miami with the most amazing people.

CT: The best thing Lexi ever did was make me a blanket for Christmas roughly 5 years ago.  She made me a blanket that was long enough to cover my feet.  While this may sound completely stupid, I was so smitten by the gesture.  It showed that she really knew me and wanted to help keep me comfortable in any way that she could. Being 6’7”, I could never seem to find a blanket that covered my entire body AND kept me warm.  She managed to make one that did both the latter and the former.

HC: Any plans for this year’s valentine’s day?

LD: This Valentine’s Day we will be driving home for the weekend because my sister is getting her engagement photos done and I wanted to be there for that. Christian is a doll for agreeing to come home with me. Once we get back home, all I want to do is go to our local Mexican restaurant and order the greasiest food possible, and if he’s lucky I may pay!

HC: General advice for dating during college?

CT: My advice for dating during college is to keep it fun.  Whether you are in a long term relationship like us, or are just casually dating, you are still in college and need to enjoy the time that you are able to be wild and free without many consequences.

LD: My advice for dating during college is to make your significant other your first priority, but to maintain a balance between your boyfriend or girlfriend and your friends. It’s really important to make time for each other but not to kick your friends to the curb.