Best Subscription Boxes Every College Girl Should Know About

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Subscription boxes have become all the rage. Each week/month/season you pay a set fee and a themed box is sent to you with all different goodies. It’s a nice way to treat yourself, and you usually save money because the items in the box are valued higher than what you’re spending. It’s an especially great option for college students when you’re living in isolated areas and too busy to go shopping. Not to mention getting mail is strangely one of the most exciting things for a college student. There are so many amazing subscription boxes that go under the radar, and there are so many different kinds. Below are some of the best subscription boxes for every kind of college girl.

Snack Crate

Every month snack crate picks a country, and sends out a box full of typical snacks from that country. It is such a fun way to learn about different cultures and try new snacks you can’t buy at Kroger. Not to mention, food shopping is hard enough as it is, and these snacks make the perfect between class pick-me-up.

Fabfitfun

Fabfitfun is one of the pricier boxes, but you also get the most bang for your buck. It is sent out seasonally (so 4 times a year), and you get a variety of goodies that fit with that season. Each box typically includes a variety of full-sized products across beauty, health, wellness and fashion. The value of all the items in the box is usually close to $300- and it only costs $49 per box (plus there are tons of codes for $10 off your first box). They also allow you to choose between some of the items you get, so you can customize it to your preferences.

Bootay Bag

Bootay Bag is one of the most unique, and brilliant subscription services out there. Each month you get two new pairs of high quality underwear. The last thing most college girls think about shopping for is underwear, but it’s obviously an essential. You fill out a survey and say if you prefer underwear, thongs or both, ensuring that it’s most practical for your lifestyle.

Ipsy

Perfect for the makeup guru, the beauty newbies looking to up their game, or any girl in between! Ipsy sends you 5-6 products a month in a cute little makeup bag (that no girl can ever have too many of). It is a great way to explore new products and learn about brands that you don’t typically see in the corporate makeup stores. You fill out a survey about your makeup preferences, like your skin tone, what shades you like and how adventurous you are with makeup, and then a bag full of beauty is sent right to you.

Rocksbox

Rocksbox is another unique subscription box that sends you jewelry that you get to wear for as long as you please. You pay $21 a month and 3 pieces of jewelry are sent that a stylists picks out for you based on your style survey. You get to try those pieces out for as long as you please, and then when you are ready to try something new, you send the jewelry back and 3 new pieces come your way. But, if you fall in love with the pieces you’ve been trying, you get to purchase it at a discounted rate. This is genius, especially for girls who get sick of their clothes and accessories after wearing it a few times. Jewelry can be one of the hardest and most expensive things to shop for- but Rocksbox makes it so easy!

Madeline Marshall

Miami (OH) '20

Junior political science and strategic communications double major at Miami University (not Florida)
Carrie Shaheen

Miami (OH) '19

Miami University President/Writer