bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

One month ago, I decided to write an article entitled, The Art of Mornings. I believed that it would prompt me to begin establishing one goal I am just not good at. Get to bed & wake up earlier. 

Alas, I am still a night owl.  

I have classes at 8:30 each morning, so I tend to live off of 5-7 hours of sleep a night. So…here is the true story of how to make an art out of mornings if you are a night owl like me. 

Step 1: Delay Bedtime as long as possible while saying you will wake up at 5:30 so you can go on a run, meditate, write a 760 paged book, & drink a green smoothie before breakfast. 

Step 2: Doze off & dream about being awake because you are a night owl & you should not be awake in actuality. 

Step 3: Wake-up at 5:30. 

Step 4: Understand that waking up at 5:30 is a joke. After sleeping through 14 alarms, you finally wake up at 8:12. 

Step 5: You put on some heavy metal music & brush your teeth in your dorm room while simultaneously curling your hair & putting on your clothes. It is called the early morning routine. 

Step 6: You are grateful for the invention of coffee because, ugh, mornings. 

Step 7: You walk outside & are grateful for being awake & alive. Maybe mornings are not so bad. 

*Please note: I love parts of my mornings: coffee, music, walking outside to class. Hopefully, you can find something you appreciate as well. 

Carrie Shaheen

Miami (OH) '19

Miami University President/Writer