This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MCLA chapter.

My friends and I all have one thing in common – the desire to be strong at all times. Even when the world feels as if it is falling apart on top of our shoulders, we refuse to let it break us. We keep our heads held high. Even when it feels like we can’t hold on any longer, we always do. The world isn’t meant to break us, but it is meant to make us stronger. But stronger doesn’t have to mean keeping every negative emotion we feel to ourselves. We are strong. Even on our bad days where we break down and cry, we are still strong.  

Strength isn’t a constant thing, it’s not linear. It has its setbacks and that’s okay. It’s all a part of what makes us human. Without the bad days we face, we would never be able to appreciate the good ones when they’re presented to us. They would begin to lose their meaning if we never had a challenge to face every once in awhile. Strength or no strength, I can always find my best friends right there by my side. Even when I swear that everything is okay, they know when I’m just trying to be strong, and vice versa.  

Let the feelings come and let the feelings go. Don’t hang on to anger for too long and never hold a grudge. You may not forget what happened, but learn to forgive people for the mistakes they make. After all, tomorrow is never promised. Life can change in the blink of an eye. Make the best of it, but allow it to run its course. Feel the emotions, accept the emotions, learn from the emotions and carry on. Each day is a new page, and it is up to you to fill it with words and adventures. You are your own author.  

Meghan is a sophomore who majors in Psychology with a minor in behavior analysis. She is one of the two campus correspondents of the MCLA chapter. Writing has become first nature for her- it's like riding a bike into paradise. She primarily writes about love with the hope to become the female version of Nicholas Sparks someday.