Finding the person who makes the hardships worth it

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MCLA chapter.

In order to be with her, I had to go against everything I ever believed in. I never thought I would be the one to go after my ex’s best friend, but I couldn’t help myself. With every conversation, I found myself fascinated with who she was and everything she was about. The more we got to know each other, the more my heart became vulnerable. She was not perfect, she had imperfections but I somehow knew, she was worth it. She was the type of person who fought wars inside of herself but, on the outside, you would never know. Everything about the idea of her felt right even though there were a million reasons why it was wrong.

I knew going in that it wasn’t going to be easy with her, she was complicated but I have never in my life came across someone as worthy of love and appreciation the way she did. I wore my heart on my sleeve for her. I let her in without having her break down any walls. In her head, she didn’t think she was worth any of it, but she was wrong.

She is the most amazing human being I have ever met in my entire life. Even with all of her struggles and demons, this girl is worth so much. I can’t stress it enough, she is everything she thinks isn’t. I know loving someone who doesn’t love you back can be painful but, with her, it would be worth every second. Every second of trying to prove to her she is worthy of love and appreciation, is worth it. If I could just show her what she has to offer this world and show her she is the light of her own darkness. If I could show her how she truly deserves to be treated, it would be worth every second of not being loved back. Everything that comes with loving her and being with her, is worth it. I need her to understand I am not crazy, she deserves so much more than what this world has offered her so far.

Relationships are never easy, there are going to be hardships throughout all of them. It is all about finding the person who makes the hardships worth going through and finding someone who is worth fighting for. With her, I was able to find that. I found someone who is worth fighting for, but what do you do when they do not want to be fought for? She is complicated but she has never for a second stopped being worth it and she never will. Every smile and every laugh, made every hardship I have to face, worth it all. Not a moment passes by where she is not on my mind, not a moment passes by where I am not wishing she could see herself as I see her. I want more than anything to prove to her she is worthy of it all.

Meghan is a sophomore who majors in Psychology with a minor in behavior analysis. She is one of the two campus correspondents of the MCLA chapter. Writing has become first nature for her- it's like riding a bike into paradise. She primarily writes about love with the hope to become the female version of Nicholas Sparks someday.
Mitchell Chapman is a young journalist looking to make a name for himself. He's been published in The Berkshire Eagle, Bennington Banner, Brattleboro Reformer and the Huffington Post and was the editor of his school's newspaper, The Beacon, after serving first as A & E Editor and then Managing Editor. He is a big science fiction fan, and is known for his quips on the blockbuster movie industry. He is a proud brother of the Sigma Chi Beta fraternity.