This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

I think its fair to say that brunch is the holy grail of all meals, but when living in a big city like Montreal, which is filled with fantastic restaurants, a perfect brunch place can be hard to discover. Whether you’re recovering from a dreadful hangover or just in the mood for a delicious bite, we have compiled a list of places that are most definitely a must.

1.   Universel Breakfast and Grill

On weekends the lines stretch out the door and the aroma of comfort food makes your stomach grumble like you couldn’t imagine. The menu is extensive and all encompassing; including omelets, crepes, waffles, eggs and milkshakes. Putting a modern twist on classic breakfasts, Universel will have something to suit anyone’s taste.

Our advice: make a reservation or get there earlier than you plan to eat, the lines are long and the food-filled plates passing by will have you drooling in no time. Make sure you grab a smoothie, we promise you wont regret it

2.  Aux Vivres

Vegan food is not just for vegans or health freaks: La Panthere Verte shows us that it can really be for anyone. The cool ambiance and relaxed atmosphere, paired with extraordinarily healthy and environmentally friendly foods is sure to be a crowd pleaser. The interesting menu includes a wide range of options and we promise you can barely tell that you’re eating healthy!

Our advice: if you’re a little nervous to jump straight into health foods or an all vegan place, order the pancakes.  It’s a delicious options and totally guilt free!

3.   Beauty’s

Open since 1942. Beauty’s is the birthplace of Montreal’s classic brunch. The old-fashioned diner is nothing but hip and the warm and friendly staff makes you feel right at home. After over 70 years Beauty’s is still serving fresh homemade foods to the people of Montreal.

Our advice: Go! Go with your friends, boyfriends, and families… anyone. Any excuse to try every item on Beauty’s menu sounds perfect to us.

So grab your friends and make brunch a regular thing; its fun and delicious. And another tip: as students we are always looking to save up some extra money and even though brunch seems a little bit expensive, you really are saving by going out for that perfect meal because you eat late in the day day and tend to get so full that you skip the late afternoon lunch. We can even sneak in a quick mimosa and no one even flinches, so it’s perfection, really. Also, lets be serious… who even wakes up early enough for a morning breakfast on weekends?

Images are the author’s own.