Priya Chopra on Being a Boss Woman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

This week Her Campus McGill is pleased to introduce Priya Chopra, the founder and CEO of 1Milk2Sugars, a full-service Public Relations firm with locations in Montreal and Toronto. Here is just a sneak peek of her wonderwoman life, so be sure to come and listen to her talk live on Thursday, September 29!

Midanna de Almada for Her Campus McGill: Hi Priya, so great to meet you. Can you tell us a bit about yourself?

Priya Chopra: My name is Priya Chopra. I am a wife, mother of three, and the entrepreneur and founder of 1Milk2Sugars.

HC McGil: Was there a specific event in your life that made you want to start your own PR firm?

PC: It was always an inner calling of mine to be my own boss and to create something that I have full control of. There was not a specific event, but a series of events that led me in this direction. 

HC McGill: What has been the most inspiring or rewarding event in your career thus far?

PC: Raising kids and being able to juggle and successfully run a growing business. 

HC McGill: What has it been like working with major lifestyle brands such as L’Oreal Professionel, NIVEA and Diesel? 

PC: It is extremely exciting to get to work on major global brands, especially in beauty and fashion. It was always my passion to pursue lifestyle brands, and it is even more rewarding to see them knocking on our door. The learning is incredible, the programs are sophisticated and the results are outstanding. 

HC McGill: Do you feel like you face specific obstacles in your industry because you are a woman? Are there any advantages?

PC: I don’t think about the fact that I am a woman.  It is never something that is on my mind; I don’t feel it is a limitation at all.  I am me, I am an individual, I do good, and good things should come in return; I am all about karma. I think you are a product of your thinking, and personally, I always think positive.   

HC McGill: Do you have any advice for young collegiates who want to break out into the PR world?

PC: Never give up! Perseverance is what got me my first job. I never give up, and never get down. All you need is one shot, your first break. 

HC McGill: Is there anything else you would like to add?

PC: I am looking forward to speaking to the bright and beautiful minds at McGill on Thursday! I can’t wait! 

How does she do it?! To find out more and hear Priya speak in person, RSVP to the event on Facebook. You don’t want to miss it.