Campus Cutie Phoenix Wilson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MBU chapter.

Name: Phoenix Wilson

Year: Sophomore

Major/Minor: Chemistry/ Spanish

Hometown: Alexandria, VA

Relationship Status: Single

HC(Her Campus): What activities are you involved with on Campus?

PW(Phoenix Wilson): I am a judicial board rep, I am the treasurer of the BSA (Black Student Alliance), publicity manager of the Rotaract Club, peer advisor for Spencer citizens, and a TA PSYCH for 150.

HC: So what brought you to Mary Baldwin?

PW: When I heard about PEG, I jumped on the opportunity to apply. I’m in love with concept of taking charge of your education, and I did that by dropping out of high school, essentially. One of the best decisions that I’ve ever made.  

HC: Are you happy that you chose the Early College path, or do you feel as though it has limited you in any way?

PW: I love the prospect of having a college degree at 18. The only idea is that people either don’t believe you, patronize you because they don’t understand, or think you’re a genius.

HC: What is your favorite Mary Baldwin memory?

PW: My freshman year was so fun, so I don’t know, all of them include hanging out with friends way  past my bedtime. All on school nights.

HC: What are your after-college plans?

PW: Hopefully medical school, in order to become a pediatric neurologist. I love kids! Traveling should be in there somewhere too.

HC: If you could go live anywhere in the world, and have any job you wanted, where would you go and what would you do?

PW: Lately, I’ve really wanted to go to Brazil, so I would do that, and work with poor black youth somehow. Then spend the rest of my life traveling the world as a pilot!

Kalli-Anne Hymons is a devoted student in Mary Baldwin College's Early College Academy. She is an English major with a minor in Creative Writing. When she isn't getting lost in a new book or catching up on her favorite shows on Netflix, you can find her studying or working hard in class. Kalli-Anne was born and raised in Chesapeake, Virginia, and enjoys reading and playing field hockey.