neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Meet Catherine Notchick ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

Name : Catherine Notchick

Age: 23

Graduation Year: Undergrad – 2016, Grad – 2017

Hometown: Dunmore, Pa

Her Campus (HC): Okay, so in your time at Marywood, what were you involved in on campus?

Catherine Notchick (CN): I was in the pre-PA club, a member of Alpha Sigma Psi Service Sorority, and involved with Study Abroad.

HC: What was your major and why?

CN: Pre-Physician Assistant and because I wanted to help others like people helped me when I was diagnosed with my disease.

HC: What did you see as the most beneficial part of doing a 5 year program?

CN: saving money and not having to pay for a sixth year of college

HC: Why did you chose Marywood as this option?

CN: Well I looked at multiple PA programs but I liked Marywood’s campus and the faculty to student ratio in the PA program.

HC: What were the benefits of living home while going to school?

CN: Saving money but most importantly having the support of your family.

HC: Now that you’re almost done with school, what is the next step?

CN: Currently, I am looking for jobs in the Scranton and State College area. I am not sure what I want to specialize in yet but hopefully I will have a job when I graduate?

HC: What was it like finding gluten-free options in the Scranton area and do you have any suggestions for people coming to Marywood that have been diagnosed with Celiac Disease?

CN: Originally when I was diagnosed, it was really hard to find restaurants. Chartwells goes above and beyond if you tell them your issue and what foods you prefer. Also, CHipotle and Uno in Dickson City have gluten-free options.

HC:What is your advice for incoming freshman?

CN: Get involved in as much as you can or you will regret it. College goes quick.

HC:What would you tell students that are about to enter their didactic year of the PA program?

CN: Take advantage of the weekends you don’t have a lot of studying or work to do and hangout with family and friends! Also, don’t be afraid to ask the professors questions!

HC: Alright, thanks Catherine. We weish you good luck in your future endeavors?