pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Letter to the People From my Past Four Years

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

As my college career comes to an end in just two short weeks, I sit here and reflect on my past four years at Marywood. Marywood has given me a great education, an amazing team and coaches and lots of laughs and tears. Marywood has also given me amazing friendships over the years, even if they did end at some point.

To the friendships that have ended… Even though our friendship may not have lasted as long as we had hoped, I want to thank you for giving me some of the best memories I have had in college. Within our short-lived friendships, we shared many laughs, tears, late nights, and some really fun nights out. I want to thank you because you made me grow even more and you helped shape me into the strong, young woman I am today.

To those who have broken my heart… I want to thank you too. You may have torn me down, broken my heart into a million pieces, and done some horrible things to me; but if it weren’t for you, I wouldn’t have learned the many life lessons I know today. I wouldn’t have become a stronger, more independent person. I wouldn’t have had the mental strength that I do right now. So, thank you; because of you I now know my worth and what I deserve in life. I now know that I am going to find a man one day who will love me unconditionally, flaws and all.

To the amazing friends I have right now… you know who you are. Thank you. Thank you for sticking by my side the last four years. I wouldn’t have gotten through them without you. Thank you for helping me at my worst and always hyping me at my best. You have helped shape me into the person I am right now at this very second while I write this. Thank you for giving me amazing memories, great laughs, lots of tears – good and bad, and just all-around some of the best friendships I have ever had. It’s the best feeling to know I have you in my life and I can go to you whenever I need it. Thank you for always reminding me to never change for anybody or anything. Thank you for snapping me back into reality when I’m not, thank you for telling me what I NEED to hear, and thank you for being you. I love you always and forever. 

Christiane Lowcher is a double major in Criminal Justice & Sociology at Marywood University. Christiane has been the Captain of the Women's Golf Team at Marywood for three years. She is a lover of food, Netflix, and makeup. She's just a girl who's figuring her life out day by day and living by her motto, "You just gotta be happy with your life!" Instagram: c_lowcher Twitter: clowcherr