This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

Well the first weeks back to school have definitely been interesting for us here at HC Marywood! Lots of changes on Marywood’s campus began over the summer, including our old library being knocked down in order to build an amphitheater. But, despite these changes, it seems that the feelings that come along with the first few weeks of school have stayed the same… sadly. Here are our feelings on the first few weeks back to school as told by The Vampire Diaries (which some of us binged over the summer between internships, jobs, and social lives).

When someone asks you what you did this summer but all you did was work…

When the professor asks what your life plans are but you honestly have no idea…

When the professor keeps you after class to discuss questions on the syllabus…

When you see the new freshmen and they remind you exactly of the wide eyed girl you once were…

When you have class with one of the dozen boys who have screwed you over in your time at Marywood…

But then when he does not even acknowledge your existence so you call him out at the party that weekend…

When the syllabus says there will be unannounced quizzes, 6 papers, 4 tests, a midterm, a final, and online homework every week…

But then when that same professor says they don’t like giving unannounced quizzes but that it is necessary…

When you have your first quiz during week #2 and you get a D…

When you thought you were graduating in the spring but your advisor says you need at least another fall semester…