10 Things Every College Student Must Do Before They Leave Scranton

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

1. Splurge on brunch at POSH with your BFFs

The plates may be a little pricey, but they are delicious! Plus, it’s a great way to celebrate all of the hard work you and your friends have put in all four years, before you leave town!

Location: 404 N Washington Ave, Scranton, PA

2. Attend First Friday

First Friday is full of art and live music. It features some of Scranton’s best restaurants, cafes, and bars, as well as small businesses and galleries. The event takes place every first Friday of the month and runs from 5pm-9pm.

Location: Downtown Scranton

3. Visit the NEW Scranton Public Market

The Scranton Public Market takes place Friday-Sunday at the newly revamped Steamtown Mall. It features local vendors and endless amounts of delicious food you never would have thought you could find in Scranton! Buy some art and eat some pizza from Basilico’s new location in the marketplace, all while enjoying live music. There’s nothing better!

Location: 300 Lackawanna Ave, Scranton, PA

4. Have a photo shoot in front of all the street art

Everywhere you turn in Scranton, there is street art and wall murals hidden. They make for great photo shoot spots and fantastic memories to share with friends. Some of the best spots are located downtown, around the Courthouse Square.

Location: Downtown Scranton

5. Eat a hoagie (or a few hoagies) from Hank’s Hoagies

One of the best cheap and yummy spots near Marywood. Perfect for the busy student on the run! All sandwiches are usually under $5 as well!

Location: 1224 Woodlawn St, Scranton, PA

6. Enjoy drinks and live music at Ale Mary’s

One of the best spots downtown for food, drinks, and live entertainment. Enjoy the relaxed atmosphere with friends on a low key night on the town!

Location: 126 Franklin Ave, Scranton, PA

7. Catch a Railriders Game

Cheap tickets, stadium food, and an American classic!

Location: 235 Montage Mountain Rd, Moosic, PA

8. Go to La Festa Italiana

La Festa Italiana is held each Labor Day weekend and features practically every Italian delicacy you’ve ever heard of.

Location: Lackawanna County Courthouse Square, Scranton, PA

9. Visit the Co-Op Farmer’s Market

My personal favorite spot to get fresh fruits and veggies in Scranton! It’s perfect if you want to eat healthy on a budget and don’t have a meal plan or live off-campus. The market is open July-November.

Location: 900 Barring Ave, Scranton, PA

10. Attend a concert/music festival at The Pavilion at Montage Mountain

Who doesn’t love to attend a concert with friends?! Lawn seats are usually $20 or less for shows. There are also two festivals held at The Pavilion, including Peach Festival and Camp Bisco. (BONUS: It’s cheaper than Coachella!!)

Location: 1000 Montage Mountain Rd, Scranton, PA