Surviving Finals Week: Hair, Makeup and Fashion Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marymount chapter.

It’s the most stressful time of the year! There’ll be coffee for drinking and all-nighters I’m thinking, and procrastination for all!

It’s almost time for finals week y’all! Okay, now that I’ve gotten my cheesy song out of the way, it’s time to get down to business, and I don’t mean studying. I’m talkin’ ’bout finals style, of course! Dates with your psych textbook are bad enough. You don’t need to be stressing about how you’re going to make yourself not look like a walking zombie. Have no fear: you’ve come to the right place.

1)  Hair

If you want to spend 30 minutes each morning during finals week curling your hair, then you do you, but I say that’s a lil’ cray. Let’s face it, our hair is the last thing we want to think about during finals week. This video gives you some great styles that you can throw together in a couple minutes to make it look like you actually tried. I know it says “Christmas Morning Hairstyles” but they totally apply to any time when you’re in a rush!

2)  Makeup

Some girls almost never wear makeup, let alone during finals week. However, if you’re like me and wear a considerable amount daily, you still aren’t going to want to bust out the three eye shadow palettes and spend 15 minutes perfecting your cat eye. Check out this video by one of my faves on how you can do your makeup in a snap while still looking put together.

3.)  Fashion

For most college girls, our finals week style will consist of an MU t-shirt, MU sweats, and your shower shoes. Not only are your going to feel totally gross and not put together, it’s been proven that when you don’t feel like you look your best, you don’t test as well. That’s enough proof for me to want to look a little more like a human. This doesn’t mean that you can’t wear sweats and a comfy tee. Jogger sweats, a cute flowy graphic shirt, and some comfy sneakers are MUST haves!

Hopefully you found these tips helpful and will be able to utilize some so you can look and feel your best during the craziest week of the year. Now, GET BACK TO STUDYING! 

Abigail is an MU junior majoring in fashion merchandising. She loves being a part of Her Campus and expressing her creativity through her love of writing. Additionally, she writes monthly editorials for College Fashionista, where she is a Style Guru. When she is not writing, you can find her singing, going hardcore preparing her dream wedding on Pinterest, reading Christian romance novels, and watching the most unrealistic reality television.