This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marymount chapter.

Name: Theodora Myers aka TEDDY.

Year: Senior….May 17th where you at?

Major/Minor: Fashion Merchandising (major) & Business Administration (minor)

Hometown: Augusta, GA

What activities are you involved in on campus? Resident Assistant, Peer Mentor Leadership Team, maryTHON, ex-Orientation Leader, Chapel Choir… I just do stuff.

What are some of your hobbies? I thoroughly enjoy binge watching shows on Netflix and laughing and playing around with friends.

Are you a leader on campus? If so, what is your favorite part about being a leader on campus?  Yes, I would say I am a leader on campus. It inadvertently comes with being heavily involved.  My favorite part is the knowledge and experience you are able to gain.

Why did you choose to attend Marymount? Location, Location, Location. Oh, and the fashion program.

How do you feel about living in a city where the weather is completely unpredictable compared to where you’re from (where I’m sure it typically corresponds with the season)? It’s very sad for me, but I think I have somewhat mastered the art of it–keeping your spring and winter clothes out year round.

What is your favorite thing about Marymount?  Marymount is still growing and developing so it’s very easy to make an impact as a student.

What is a typical day in your life like?  There’s no such thing. But, there are ALWAYS meetings!

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? In 5 years, I hope to be working corporate fashion, living in a cool loft, and enjoying life.

What is your most memorable moment at Marymount?  Graduation day 

Who or What is your inspiration? Inspiration, for me, comes from everywhere. It’s whatever strikes my interest– art, people fashion, articles, quotes…Anything Tumblr.

What have you been able to take away from your years so far at Marymount? I’ve definitely developed some great life skills– working with people, planning & orchestrating events, job preparedness, you name it. It’s all about what you can learn from situations.

Do you have a favorite professor or staff member at Marymount?  I have come across many great staff and some great professors, but my Marymount experience would not have been the same without Corri Sullivan, the Director of New Student Transitions. She keeps me in check. 

What is your dream job and how do you think you’ll get there?  My field has a lot of different paths to follow, but I’m definitely leaning towards Buying or Product Development. ASOS, an online UK retailer, would be one of my top places to work for. Getting there will definitely take strong work ethic, networking, and persistence.

Where is one place you wouldn’t mind living for the rest of your life? That’s easy. Paris!

What is your spirit animal? Lions are fun. They’ve got a lot of fight in them.

If you could do one thing every day, what would you do? Happy hour…lol.

This or That?

• Heels or cute flats? Depends on the event!
  • A quiet night in or Saturday Night Fever? Depends on my mood…

Hot or Not?

• Being on duty on a Friday night or sitting at the desk on a Friday night? Not hot, not hot at all. But, I’d pick duty over desk.
  • Men in suits or Men in hammer pants? Men in suits are usually pretty hot…

If you could be any day of the week, what day would you be and why? I would definitely be a Friday. It just makes sense.

If you had an endless amount of money, what would you do with it an why? Giving back, helping out family, and the inevitable– going shopping.

What is your favorite quote/motto? I actually learned it at Marymount’s Leadership summit from 2 years ago…

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world…” -Marianne Williamson

[Image credit: Teddy Myers]

Just a member of the Marymount University HC Chapter!! xoxo