This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marymount chapter.

Name: Francesca Blee

Year: Senior

Major/Minor: Fashion Merch

Hometown: New Jersey (South Jersey)

What activities are you involved in on campus? Fashion Club President, Fashion Network Assistant, Administrative Manager of PIM 2015

What is your favorite part about being involved in fashion club? I love being able to work on so many fashion shows in the DMV area. Fashion show production is what I am really passionate about, and already having so much hands-on experience in the industry is amazing!

Why did you choose to attend Marymount? Solely based on Fashion Club. I knew as soon as I heard about what great opportunities you get out of it, I had to be a part of it.

Have you studied abroad and if so where and what are some experiences that you took away? Yes I have.  My sophomore year I studied at St. Mary’s University College in London.  I would not trade that experience for the world.  I absolutely love traveling and being abroad for 5 months gave me the opportunity to do plenty.  I will never forget all of the places I was able to see and the cultures I experienced.  London will forever hold a special place in my heart and I hope to get back there soon.

What is your favorite characteristic/thing about Marymount? I honestly love the fashion department at Marymount.  Professors like Dr. Stoessell have provided me with so much guidance through my years here, I feel as if I am ready to take on the industry.

What is a typical day in your life like? I’m constantly sending emails. I go to class; I have a thousand waiting for me. I go to my internship; I have a thousand more waiting. I never really knew what busy meant until this year.

What do you see yourself doing in 5 years? Hopefully working for Topshop in New York. They are my dream company and I have big plans to get there quick. I would love to be a personal shopper for some time, but the ultimate goal is to help with the fashion shows.

What is your most memorable moment at Marymount? I had an amazing time when I was on the panel for the Fashion Convo. Being able to give my thoughts on different topics in the fashion industry, and listen to other people’s comments on them was really enjoyable for me.

Most embarrassing moment? I don’t get embarrassed very easily. I’m the girl that wears Snooki Slippers to the dining hall.

How would you describe your style? I would have to say sometimes I’m all over the place, but recently I’ve found my most common track.  I really like to be different, and I don’t think too much of what others are going to think of my outfit.  Sometimes it’s good, other times not so much.  I’ve recently, however, really started to fall in love with 90s fashion.  The crop tops, Dr. Martens, high waisted pants, shirts tied around my waist, I seriously love it all!  I even wear hair scrunchies.  It’s not the style for everyone, I understand that, but I feel so confident and comfortable when I’m dressed like this.  I feel like it’s my personality, that casual look, but effort was put into it.  There’s just something about that 90s style that has drawn me in recently.  I still love to get dressed up, and I’ll go all out, but I would say my daily look has become this 90s girl.

What have you been able to take away from your years so far at Marymount? Just to constantly improve myself. With all of the different positions I’ve held here at Marymount, I now understand that you must constantly be on top of your work. There is no time to slack off, and you will always have something new to learn.

Do you have any words of encouragement or words of wisdom for the incoming freshman that may be planning to major in fashion? It truly is an amazing industry! There are so many different career paths you can take, and you will never get bored.  It is something that is always relevant and fast-paced. If you don’t like to sit still, the fashion industry is for you.

What process do you take to de-stress in the chaos of classes, on campus involvement, off campus involvement and working? A good Pandora station. When it all becomes too much, or I need to sit down and focus on my work, finding the right music always gets me through it.

This or That?

• Gossip Girl or Sex in the City? Honestly……neither. I know, terrible! I’ve just never gotten into them.
  • Ripped jeans or boyfriend jeans? Ripped jeans

Hot or Not?

• Wearing work out clothes to class? Go for it if it’s your style.
  • Thrifting? ABSOLUTELY HOT!
Hi!  My name's Terri and I'm a senior at Marymount University majoring in Health Promotion with a minor in Public Health. I'm obsessed with traveling, thrifting, tea, and writing.  I am the current campus correspondent for Her Campus Marymount. After graduation I hope to leave my mark on the world in a BIG way!