burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fall in Love with These Fall Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marymount chapter.

Autumn is the time of year for new beginnings. It’s time to go back to school and to get ready for cooler weather and colorful forest scenes. Fall is also a time to revamp yourself, to try out new fashions and trends, and to re-set your schedule to include a range of new activities. In the spirit of growth and change, make sure to check out these exciting new trends for the season:

Cycle Fitness

You’ve done Zumba, been a regular at the Yoga studio, and even tried Barre fitness. Here’s the next step up in the game: cycle fitness. There are studios dedicated to just cycling (you may have heard of Soul Cycle), and they come jam-packed with flashing lights and upbeat music to keep you motivated in a communal setting. Check out Zengo Cycle in the mosaic district for a seriously fun and intense workout.

Teatoxing

We’ve known about the health benefits of tea for years, but teatoxing seems to be taking the world by storm, claiming to help with weight loss and to help decrease bloating. In my opinion, a regular cup of tea morning and night is just as good, giving you all of the health benefits without paying the extra money. My favorite teas for the season are Teavana’s fall favorites, including the Pumpkin Spice Brulee Tea (forget Pumpkin Spice Lattes!) and a range of cider inspired herbal infusion teas with wonderful fruity flavors.

Ear Jackets

Cartilage piercings are fun, but ear jackets will add a touch of unique style to any outfit you choose. A standard stud earring with decorative designs that hang around the back and hug your ear make for a bright and beautiful pop of metallic color. Stella and Dot carries an adorable line, and Etsy has a splendid array of selections from their handmade artisans.

Skateboarding

Yes, ladies- Skateboarding is officially in! If you saw Ashish Gupta’s runway show at London Fashion week, then you saw how flawless his models looked gliding down the runway on skateboards clad in glitter and flowing dresses. If you want to start simple, go for a penny board. They’re adorable, come in a cute range of patterns and colors, and are small and easy to carry around.

The iPhone 6s in Rose Gold

Or is it pink? No one can seem to decide. Either way, the new rose gold iPhone is as gorgeous as ever, and comes with an awesome set of new features, including 3D Touch and an amped up camera- perfect for all those Instagram photos you’ll be posting this season. The only downside is it’s a whopping $749.00…but you can take on a payment plan where you pay only $32.41 a month!

Oversized Coats

Possibly the best trend of them all, oversized coats will keep you warm and fashionable this fall. Huge, comfy, and chic, they are the ultimate addition to your wardrobe. Try them in funky colors, covered with faux fur, or with bold leather accents. Wear them to school, to work, or even to a fancy dress party — they go with everything!

Platform Sneakers

These are a serious throwback to the 90’s, and you’ll absolutely love them. It’s like wearing a regular pair of sneakers, but you get the height boost of a high heel. These can spice up any outfit, making you feel style savvy even on lazy days wearing only jeans and a t-shirt. H&M, Forever 21, and Steve Madden carry pairs at a lovely price, so snatch some up soon!

Pins & Buttons

If you ever collected buttons as a little kid, now is the time to break them out of hiding. Gather decorative pins and buttons with different designs or images and cover your jackets, bags, and scarves with them. It’s a fun way to personalize your wardrobe and make a statement without breaking the bank. For inspiration, take a look at the fab biker jacket Coach decked out with buttons.

Growing up in a free-spirited family, Amanda was always interested in the arts, whether it was writing, painting or making movies with her friends. She is a graphic design major who has a passion for fashion, film, and all things fantasy. After graduating from University she plans on pursuing a career in design, and to continue writing for pleasure (or profit!).