clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The 5 stages of Your Fall Semester of Senior Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marymount chapter.

If you’re one of the lucky ones, senior year has finally blessed you with its presence. If you’re like me then I’m sure you thought that this was going to be the best time of your life.

I mean, hey, my senior year of high school was great because I stopped caring about fitting in, I had my friends all figured out, and (best of all) I did absolutely no homework. This affliction is called Senioritis:

Se-nior-i-tis—adj.

Term for describing when a student in their final year officially stops giving a crap about everything.

So I came into this semester thinking that everything was going to be great, I’d be writing for Her Campus again, I would be hanging out with all my cool senior friends, easy classes…Boy was I wrong.

I have so much stuff to do it’s ridiculous.. and I know I’m not the only one going through this.

This pretty sums up the decline of this semester:

1.      Excitement

Its finally senior freaking year! Back to school means getting away from your parents and back to being around awesome people.

2.    You’re organized

School just started and that means your life is still together. The balance of school and a social life is still pretty good, and you’re still getting 8 hours of sleep. Hell, you could even afford to take a nap or two. All of the books and papers are stacked neatly on the desk. Life is in order.

3.   You get that first big assignment

You want me to do what for next class? This is when you get slammed with the first major assignment. All the fun is calming down a bit because everyone is trying to finish that 10 page paper that’s due in a week. No one told me this class was writing intensive…

4.   You say Bye-Bye to sleep

Okay, so sometimes you have to make some sacrifices. Since this year is supposed to be about hanging out with the friends you won’t see for a while after graduation, sleep has got to go. Especially since you waited until the night before to finish that literature review. Do you really need sleep anyway? That’s what they have 5 hour energy and coffee for.

5.  All Hell Breaks Loose

Literally all hell breaks loose. You don’t know what the actual hell is going on anymore. Laundry hasn’t been done in weeks, there’s 1,209 unread messages in your inbox, and the only time you see your friends is when you’re all crying over where you went wrong in the dining hall.

THIS ISN’T HOW IT’S SUPPOSED TO BE…I’M A SENIOR!!! 

… And the Senioritis begins

My name is Nicole and I am a sophomore Psychology major at Marymount University. I love reading, writing, playing instruments, and keeping it real is my thing. So, if you need someone to keep it 100 I'm your girl. I was born and raised in Northern Virginia by two loving parents. I have two...decent older brothers and two dogs who are my whole life.I am currently located in Florence, Italy which has so far truly been an unforgettable experience!!!