5 Pieces For All Body Types: Part 2 (Fall Edition!)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marymount chapter.

If you surveyed a random group of college girls about what their favorite part about fall is, I’m willing to bet the majority would say, “Fall Fashion!” Us girls can’t get enough of boots, darker hues, and oversized EVERYTHING when it comes to fall.

A couple months back, I posted an article entitled, “5 Pieces (For All Body Types) That You Need In Your Closet This Summer.” Fear not, these five pieces are NOT just staples for a summer wardrobe. Before you go tossing your flowey pants and kimonos to the back of your closet, take a look at how these five pieces can effortlessly be styled to transition with the cooler temperature.

1. The Lace Flounce Dress

The crocheted feminine detail and pastel color of this dress may scream spring/summer when worn by itself, but there is so much more wear to be gotten out of this dress! Throw on a waterfall cardigan over the dress for a look that is flattering yet laid back, add some black tights for warmth, and a detailed, lace-up, wedge bootie to dress it up.

2. The Palazzo Pant

The breezy, carefree, hippy-chic vibe of these pants can still exist in these upcoming chillier months. A denim jacket is a must have fall staple that would look perfect with these pants. Two fall trends that I included in this look are the mule style shoes and the floppy hat. Throw on a plain tee underneath and you’re good to go!

3. The Kimono

I confess that I may have a slight kimono obsession. The versatility and trendy vibe of them is fantastic! Ditch the shorts and crop top and go with a timeless, fall staple: leather! A leather pant, legging, or jegging would look totally cute with a kimono and a plain top underneath. For warmth and a little something to draw the attention upward, throw on a circle/infinity scarf. Finish the look off with a suede bootie, fringe optional!

4. The Jumpsuit

The jumpsuit is probably the easiest piece to transition. To keep a polished and classy vibe, throw on a colored blazer, either a boyfriend blazer or a blazer with a ruched three-quarter length sleeve. Try to stray away from blazers that are too boxy/menswear-esque to make the look as flattering to your body type as possible. A shoe that is mega on-trend right now is lace up heels, which would complete this look flawlessly! A tip when shopping for fall heels: try to go for a matte leather because they are more daytime appropriate and do not scuff as easily.

5. Angelic Top With Cutouts

For a quick, running out the door kind of day, throw on a pair of skinny jeans, or whatever jeans you find most flattering to your body. A blanket scarf is a perfect alternative to a basic straight scarf or circle scarf, plus they are crazy warm! A shoe that would look amazing paired with this simple outfit is one that was very prominent on the feet of those on the runway at New York Fashion Week: loafers. I never was a huge fan of these, but they really can look cute depending on what style loafer you purchase!

Fall style doesn’t have to be just big sweaters and boots every single day, although that is a personal preference of mine :). So go to your closets ladies, pull out your summer clothes, and “Make it work!”

Abigail is an MU junior majoring in fashion merchandising. She loves being a part of Her Campus and expressing her creativity through her love of writing. Additionally, she writes monthly editorials for College Fashionista, where she is a Style Guru. When she is not writing, you can find her singing, going hardcore preparing her dream wedding on Pinterest, reading Christian romance novels, and watching the most unrealistic reality television.