you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

This Website Will Help Students Find a Part-Time Job

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

It is a sunny and construction-filled day in College Park as you stroll through Stamp to fill a mid-afternoon Chik-fil-a fix and meet up with friends. However, as you are walking to the student union, trying to forget about that exam you definitely, but hopefully did not actually bomb, you see a bunch of flyers being passed around and different tables set up. First, you think to yourself, the First Look Fair just happened, so what is this? As you get closer, you realize they are just individual students handing out flyers for various clubs and activities on campus and wait… even jobs? I’m still in school though!

It’s not exactly what you think though.

In the past few years, there have been a massive number of companies reaching out to social college students to help promote their company and apps. These apps are an easy way for students to make some quick cash and build their resume. So, now you’re enticed with the idea of some extra money for happy hour and a resume booster, but you don’t want to wait around Stamp until something perks your interest. A great resource students everywhere are using is a website platform called WayUp. Now, this is not your ordinary match making website to scroll through millions of job offers not geared to your skill set. Instead, it is a personalized engagement for students to upload their resume, narrow their specifications and even have the, “one-click apply” button. Easy enough, right!

You can apply for all kinds of jobs and internships from Fortune500 companies, freelancing for startups, bartending at local restaurants and much more! Instead of waiting for the right opportunity to come to you, be pro-active- we are Terps after all! Don’t be afraid to put yourselves out there and get some cash in the process. We’ve all got to start somewhere.

Sophomore Communication major with a passion for beads and Diet Coke.