The Valentine’s Day Gift Guide for Those Who Don’t Like to Celebrate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Do you love Valentine’s Day but your special someone doesn’t? Here’s a gift guide for those who still want to celebrate the day of love in any way. The best gift isn’t something with “love” splashed all over it, nor is it just a box of chocolates. Try something that you know they would really enjoy!

If they’re artsy:

Looking for a gift that doesn’t ooze of Valentine’s goo but will still make your artist smile? Try an adult coloring book! These books are fun for the creative mind and they help relax, which we all know is important in college. Plus, you can have coloring competitions!

If they’re sporty:

The key to gift-giving to a sport person is to get them something they’d truly relate to. Perhaps get them a mug of their favorite team, or a bobble head of their favorite player! Or, if their favorite team is playing nearby, try snagging some tickets! It’s a sneaky way to give a Valentine’s gift, especially if the game is on an different day. 

If they’re a movie-buff:

If they love movies, the best way to spend Valentine’s with your significant other is to have a chill movie marathon. Grab some popcorn and a cozy blanket and watch a way. If you’re in anyway artistic, try decorating a piece of canvas with their favorite movie quote! 

If they’re a gamer:

Gamers tend to avoid overly pink and purple cards. The only kind of card they’d jump for joy for are Steam gift cards! Challenge them to a night of games, and winner gets a prize!

If they’re a foodie:

The perfect gift for a foodie is a home cooked meal. Get in the kitchen and spend the evening cooking with your person! It doesn’t even matter if you can’t cook well, you can learn from them! You two can bond over making tomato sauce, and maybe even have a cute little food fight. Worst-case scenario, if it doesn’t turn out the way you planned you can always order in pizza. It’s the effort that counts.

Fashion and style are the epitomy of Revathi Janaswamy's life. Magazines like Seventeen and Teen Vogue, and sites like Pintrest and HerCampus are her bible. A freshman journalism major at the University of Maryland, she is so excited to write for UMD's Her Campus chapter. Hobbies include dancing, singing, reading and watching TV/movies.