jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

It happens to the best of us so why not learn to live with it?

We all know the feeling of failure. That feeling when you thought you did so well on something just to find out you couldn’t have done any worse. That feeling when you realize your 43% in computer science just isn’t going to get any better. Failure and disappointment, two inevitable feelings that come hand in hand. When you have one, and you get the other. 

Photo by Zohre Nemati on Unsplash

But that’s alright. Failure is a part of life. As they say, ‘it be like that.’ Sometimes life just gets the best of us, and it doesn’t go as planned. But that just means it was a learning experience. You may not have done well, but you can gather something from it and say ‘well, at least now I know this.’

Photo by Ian Kim on Unsplash

Learning to accept your mistakes and failures is hard. It’s tough finding out you didn’t succeed, but it’s even tougher to accept it and move forward. You have to sit there and remind yourself: it’s not the end of the world; it happens to everyone. Failure and disappointment are part of life. As people, we need to learn to accept it to keep moving forward. Failure occurs for all sorts of reasons, and sometimes it’s a lack of understanding or because time isn’t in our favor. Failure has variety and versatility. It manifests in different ways. Everyone has a different definition of failure, but whatever it may be, it’s a part of life we all have to learn to deal with.

Photo by Estée Janssens on Unsplash

for a writer i'm pretty bad at writing about myself