This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Senior communications major Andrew “Drew” Katz does it all. He’s a modern renaissance man, one could say, as a member of the fraternity Pi Kappa Alpha (PIKE) and also a member of The Bureau, an on-campus comedy group that performs stand-up, improv and sketch.

Katz has also been “fortunate enough to have a few great internship experiences” throughout his career.

“My most significant ones were at Marvel Television and Turner,” Katz says. “My favorite, however, was Marvel because I was able to be on the set of both Daredevil and Jessica Jones as well as in their production offices. This allowed me to gain an inside look at the inner machinations of producing a television series.”

Katz believes that his passion allows him to stand out during interviews and internships. “I am very honest about who I am and my strengths and weaknesses. But I always make sure to sell my passion for the job,” he says. “At the end of the day, I truly believe employers want to hire people that want THE job not just A job.”

He admits that he is still working on time management when balancing internships and school, but notes that “it’s important to be realistic about your limitations. Just because someone else may be able to do more in one day than you, doesn’t mean their work is better than yours. It’s all about putting yourself in the best position to succeed.”

Katz’s dream job falls along the same line as his internships and extracurricular activities: he wants to be a cast member on Saturday Night Live.

“I grew up watching and loving the show, so I’ve always fantasized about performing on that stage,” Katz says.

In his free time, Katz watches “an unhealthy amount of TV and movies.” His favorite movie? “Almost Famous.” “I think it’s an incredible story…and it could just never happen today with how the world is now,” he says. “How I felt when I saw it for the first time is still how I feel when I watch it, and that’s a rare thing for a movie I’ve seen so many times.”

His life motto also comes from the film–“Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid.”

Hello! My name is Taylor Markey, and I am a sophomore multiplatform journalism major at the University of Maryland. I am obsessed with all things Disney and have a passion for editing. I do not really have an idea of what type of career in journalism I would like to have in the future, but I love fun articles and entertainment articles that allow people to have some sort of “escape” from the real world/all of the negative things going on.