Easy Halloween Costumes with the JEAN SHORTS You Already Own

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Halloween has snuck up on you this year, and you can barely believe it’s (almost) already here. We’re less than one week away now, and the time you would’ve spent planning your costume has been filled with late night midterm studying.  Don’t spend any time worrying about finding an outfit, because with a pair of jean shorts, you’re set for these three easy costumes.

1. Cowgirl Costume

A classic costume with three staple items that many college girls can find right in their closets: a plaid shirt, a pair of shorts, and a set of boots.  This look can be recycled for more occasions than just Halloween, bring out your cowgirl boots for themed parties and country concerts!

2. Rosie the Riveter

Another easy look with the jean shorts that are already in your closet. If you can find a bandana or a polka dot headband, you’re set for your Rosie the Riveter costume. Add a pair of combat boots and apply some lipstick to complete the look.

3. Minnie Mouse

Minnie Mouse ears are often sold at your local Target or CVS. If you can grab a pair of ears and put them with your staple jean shorts, your Minnie Mouse costume is already set. You can finish the costume with a simple red shirt and a pair of red heels or wedges.

Still not sold on these ideas? Check out some of our ideas for that black crop top, black dress or white dress you already own.