Easy Halloween Costume Ideas With the LBD You Already Own

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Halloween is steadily approaching, and as your inbox fills with party invites, it’s  becoming more and more necessary to come up with a great costume. The best way to look cute without breaking the bank is to create a costume around something you already own. This week’s staple item is that smoking little black dress sitting in your closet.

Flapper

Inspired by a “Great Fratsby” themed party, the little black dress is a perfect throwback to the 1920s. Pair it with pearl necklace and a headband across your forehead. No need to break your ankle in high heels either. Black flats make the spiffiest shoes on the block.

Witch

A more stereotypical guise, a witch is the perfect costume for when you’re feeling wicked. No need to paint your face green or stick on the warts, all you need for this costume is a pointy hat. Bonus points for carrying around a broomstick all night; just don’t do anyone’s housework without turning them into a frog first.

Wednesday Addams

The Addams Family is the epitome of Halloween. Turn your little black dress into a little black Wednesday costume. All you need is a white collar necklace and high white socks or tights. This is a great costume to wear with Converse, or go back to those black flats. Make sure to part your hair down the middle and braid it into pigtails to finish the look.

Don’t own an LBD? Check out some of our ideas for that black crop top or white dress you already own. Of course, if costumes aren’t your thing, just take Wednesday’s advice. Wear your own clothes and don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t.

Rebecca is a sophomore journalism student at the University of Maryland.She is a staff writer for Her Campus and Unwind magazine, a UMD publication. Originally from Pittsburgh, she is a fan of the Pittsburgh Penguins hockey team.  She hopes to go into feature writing after graduation.