This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

As the craziness of the coronavirus leaves us feeling hopeless and bored out of our minds, we are often feeling pretty lost and hopeless not knowing what to do with our days. Here are five things to do while you’re quarantined at home.  

1. Organize your room

Clean out your drawers for the summer and figure out what you want to sell, donate or keep. Make a list of items you will need for the summer and shop online for things you may need. After your closet, move to your desk and organize everything in the drawers. Clear out stuff from under your bed and  shelves and redecorate. 

A post shared by Roomporn ™ (@roomporn) on

2. Plan out your summer

Although flights and travel may be an issue now, let’s hope that everything will go back to normal by summertime! Figure out your beach vacations with people, research jobs you may want to apply for and create your own summer bucket list. It is a perfect time to sit back and get excited for what’s ahead, even if things right now are a bit lifeless. 

A post shared by S U M M E R (@summer) on

3. Catch up on books and movies

This is a perfect time to list out all of the books you have been meaning to read and knock them  out. Curl up with your puppy and read all day in your favorite spot in the house. Create your movie list and watch one movie per day with your family. Then you decide which ones were your favorites. This is a great time to catch up on everything pop culture. 

4. Spend time with family

Take this time to really connect with your family and bond. We have the rest of our lives to be on our own, and family is always important. Play board games, catch them up on your life, learn about their past and just have fun with them! 

5. Pick up a new hobby

We have all the time in the world right now to pick up that hobby we’ve  been thinking about. Learn new recipes, try crafting something amazing, write a story, play basketball outside, learn how to sew clothing. Anything that is on your mind, try  it! If you end up not liking it, try something else. 

A post shared by NYT Cooking (@nytcooking) on

Sarah Epstein

Maryland '23

Sarah Epstein is a freshman and soon to be Psychology major and Business minor at the University of Maryland College Park and is very excited to be writing for Her Campus.
Audrey graduated from the University of Maryland College Park with a major in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in Information Sciences. She was born and raised in Jakarta, Indonesia. She loves to travel around the world and always has her camera ready to capture everything so follow her on Instagram @audreynwid. Her life motto is 'Don't be afraid to defy the auds, pun intended.' Her furry partner in crime is a Shiba Inu named Hibiki who is quite the model and loves to go hiking. Check him out on Instagram @hibibblekiki