The 5 Types of People You Will Meet on Your First Day of Class

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

It doesn’t matter if you’re a freshman or a senior there are certain people you are bound to meet on the first day of class. Whether it’s the “put together girl” or the “loud commentator” these personalities never cease to exist.

1) The Girl That Looks Super Put Together: She comes into class with a printed copy of the syllabus and a planner in tow. She asks the professor all the right questions and you begin to wonder if you’re even qualified to be in the same class as her. 

2) The Jokester: As the professor is trying to give you the rundown of the course there’s always one student who constantly interjects with a joke. Instead of getting out early on the first day, the class runs for the full time allotted thanks to the interruptions. While they gave you a good laugh you’re secretly bitter class didn’t get out earlier.

3) The Constant Hand Raiser: It doesn’t matter if it’s typed in the syllabus in bolded font; there’s always one person who asks the professor questions that are already answered right in front of them.

4) The Fashionista: Where did she get her dress? Where are shoes from? Is she a part-time model? There’s always that one girl whose outfit is so on-point you suddenly feel like the outfit you spent four hours picking out looks like a trash bag.

5) The Commentator: College classrooms are made up of various personalities and there is always one student who is bound to have a strong opinion. The commentator always makes their point on every topic known. It doesn’t matter if you’re discussing the format of an upcoming exam or the reading from last night; you’re bound to hear their voice. 

Jaclyn is so excited to be a campus correspondent with Her Campus! She is a sophomore at the University of Maryland, double majoring in Journalism and American Studies. Jaclyn hopes to work as an editor at a magazine in the future. She loves following fashion, attending concerts, traveling, and photographing the world around her.