This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Music and fashion have three things in common: they are both entertaining, they are both worth the money, and they both give people the opportunity to express any given feeling without having to say a word. And the two together? Even better.

So, we compiled five (relatively cheap) looks inspired by your favorite song lyrics, in hopes that not imitation, but inspiration is the truest form of flattery.

1. Ingrid Michaelson, “The Way I Am”

Also known as the cutest song ever written into actuality. Michaelson said it best when she wrote, “If you are chilly, here take my sweater/Your head is aching, I’ll make it better./Cause I love the way you call me baby./And you take me the way I am.” See, Michaelson cutely reminds us that what some may deem embarrassingly quirky, others think is freaking adorable. Channel the same vibes with a “nerdtastic” sweater of your own.

Sweet Cat Cartoon Pattern Drawstring Hoodie, $20

New OG Vintage Buddy NERD Wayfarer Blues Brothers Clear Sunglasses, $4.90

2. Taylor Swift, “Style”

Technically, Swift could start wearing potato sacks to award shows and turn it into a trend. Luckily, she, along with other celebs, like to make retro cool and sexier than ever with words such as “You got that James Dean daydream look in your eye/And I got that red lip classic thing that you like.” Embody your inner Audrey Hepburn with bright lips, dark shades and simple silhouettes.

NYX Cosmetics Matte Lipstick in Indie Flick, $5.99

ASOS Mini Body-Conscious Dress with Long Sleeves in Rib, $33.00

3. Kanye West and Jay Z, “Paris”

You may not be THAT glamorous a person, but when “Paris” comes on, you cannot help but feel like the type of person who has “people call your people.” West got super highbrow when he said, “What’s that jacket, Margiela? / Doctors say I’m the illest/ Cause I’m suffering from realness.” Note to self: Google Margiela. Bring that swag to your winter wardrobe with a cozy vest and a great pair of aviator shades.  

Faux Fur Vest, $32.90

On the Fly Reflective Aviator Shades, $20.00

4. Rihanna, “Diamonds”

Okay, so diamonds are not clothes, but they are accessories that complete any ensemble. Rihanna has shaped herself to be dark, sensual, and luxurious, and “Diamonds” song lyrics are no exception. “Find light in the beautiful sea/I choose to be happy/You and I, you and I/We’re like diamonds in the sky,” she sings. The same alluring lavishness can be executed in a richly sparkled garb, and plenty of accessories to match.

Laundry by Shelli Segal Charleston Gown, $75.00 Rental

Rhinestone Flower Ear Pins, $4.90

5. Shontelle, “Tshirt”

Shontelle spoke the truth back in 2008 when she said, “I don’t know if I like my outfit/I tried everything in my closet/ Nothin’ feels right when I’m not with you/Sick of this dress and these Jimmy Choos/Takin’ them off ’cause I feel a fool.” Sometimes, we just want to be comfortable…but still look amazing. Sport a low-maintenance look in a cozy t-shirt dress and a lightweight BB cream.

Black Varsity Jersey Knit Dress, $15.96

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream, $6.29