This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

There are plenty of songs that skyrocket to the top of the charts about heartbreak. These songs are a great way to get you in your feelings, but sometimes you need a song to boost your mood instead. Here are 10 songs to help you do just that:

1. Here Comes the Sun by The Beatles

Although it’s a big throwback, this song will always help to pull you out of your feelings.  This classic can be very nostalgic and reminds people that everything will be okay. If you want to hear an updated version, try listening to the “Glee” version by Demi Lovato and Naya Rivera.

2. I’ll Be There by Jess Glynne

Giphy

Most people know Jess Glynne for her collaboration with Clean Bandit in “Rather Be,” however, her single featured on her newest album is especially uplifting. If you are looking for a new song for you and your BFF, then this is perfect. It emphasizes that you are never alone because your friends will always be there for you.

3. Sunday Candy by Donnie Trumpet & The Social Experiment

When this song came out, it quickly became popular with everyone. The upbeat music with various instruments, harmonies and catchy hook will be sure to have you smiling and singing along.

4. Feels Great by Cheat Codes ft. Fetty Wap & CVBZ

This song is an interesting and unexpected collaboration. Fetty Wap is traditionally known for strictly rap songs, but this song, in particular, falls more under the genre of EDM. It reminds people of the good ole’ days, and how we should appreciate the time we have. Plus, it has a great beat drop.

5. Just Another Day by Lady Gaga

The electric guitar and piano in this song alone are enough to boost anyone’s mood, and Lady Gaga’s riffs in the song are sure to blow your mind – leaving you feeling much more positive than before.

6. Advice by Kehlani

Giphy

Although at first, the song may come off as sad, the chorus of the song is the part that helps to get listeners out of their feelings. The singer is instructing people that they need to take their own advice and trust themselves. It’s about pulling yourself out of a bad relationship and moving forward.

7. I’m Good by The Mowgli’s

This song definitely gives off summer vibes. It tells people that even if they aren’t sure who they want to be, everything will be okay, and that life is too short not to appreciate your worth in this world. It’s very uplifting and can really bring people together.

8. Be Alright by Ariana Grande

Giphy

This song is another reminder that no matter what happens in your life you are going to “be alright.” It’s the perfect song to snap or clap to and tells people that they have to decide for themselves that they will get through the hard times.

9. What Do I Know? By Ed Sheeran

This song is very simple but encourages people to take a step back from all of the serious things in life and remember love. The singer sums up life to three things: “love, understanding and positivity.”

10. Maybe IDK by Jon Bellion

Giphy

This is a song that may not be well-known but is worth a listen, especially on days where you feel riddled with anxiety. Life is full of the unknown. Half of the time we are just doing the best we can, and this song tells us that that’s good enough. We cannot be sure of the future, so we just need to focus on what we’ve got in the present.

So, if you’re having a bad day or just want a little encouragement, then give these songs a listen!

Megan Sayles

Maryland '21

Megan is a sophomore at UMD. She is a multi-platform journalism major, and is hoping to pursue social media managing in that field. Meg loves playing piano and boating. Her favorite quote is, "You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy," by C. JoyBell C.
Ambriah Underwood is an avid reader and writer. In 2016, she graduated from Baltimore City College high school becoming an International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme recipient. She attends the University of Maryland as a senior, pursuing a degree in journalism with a minor in Spanish. During the spring of 2018, she copyedited news, opinion and diversion sections for an on-campus, student-run publication known as The Diamondback. After spending a year writing for Her Campus Maryland, and, later, functioning as an editor as well, she became co-Campus Correspondent. She plans to further her involvement with the group as well as gain more editorial experience through internships and by continuing her passion for storytelling. Ambriah Underwood resides in Washington County, Maryland.