Taylor Weisend: Marshall’s Fashionista

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marshall chapter.

Name: Taylor Weisend

Year: Sophomore

Major: International Affairs

Home town: Proctorville, Ohio

Interests: Traveling, photography, writing

Involved with at Marshall: Alpha Chi Omega, Into, and Resident Advisor

Your Marshall Bucket list: to be fluent in another language by the time I graduate

HC: What made you want to pursue an internship with collegefashionista.com

Taylor: I happened to stumble upon Collegefashionista.com one day and I thought it was really cool that you could select your university and it would show you current fashion trends on campus. I was a little upset, however, that when I typed Marshall University into the search bar, there were no results. I saw a place on the website where you could apply so I just went for it and now I’m the first CollegeFashionista Style Guru from Marshall University.

HC: What do you enjoy most about your internship?

Taylor: What I enjoy the most about my internship is spotting Fashionistas on campus to write about. It is so interesting to see how everyone has their own sense of style and I like getting to ask them about their style inspirations and why they chose the outfit that they did for the day.

HC: What is one piece of advice you would give to a student that would be interested in this type of internship?

Taylor: Try it out! Being a style guru for CollegeFashionista has been so much fun! Even though it can be time consuming, it is a great way to express creativity and get your name out there.

HC: What do you feel you will be able to take away from this experience?

Taylor: I feel that I will be able to take away writing skills from this experience. Even though I only started about 6 weeks ago, I feel like my writing skills have already improved significantly. I also have gained some important connections from this internship with the directors of the website and other Style Gurus.

HC: Where do you see yourself after graduation?

Taylor: Since my major is international affairs, when I graduate, I hope to get a job on a college campus working with international students. I love talking to students from other countries, learning about their cultures and helping them understand a little more about mine. I would also like to be a study abroad advisor at a university because I think everyone should have the amazing experience of studying abroad.

Kendyl is a public relations major at Marshall University. She enjoys eating food and bringing joy to people as a part time waitress! (: