This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

By Marist Contributer, Sarah Squicciarni

IMAGINE what life would be like without Ariana’s Grande constant amazing vibes. This iconic pop star reaches out to every girl in the world, and speaks to us through every song. She constantly reminds us that YOU can do better. Female empowerment is extremely important, and a FAKE SMILE won’t cut it. BAD IDEAS will constantly haunt you, if you don’t realize your capabilities and go out to achieve them all.

During this relaxing, snowy day, I got to catch up on some things I have been wanting to do. I got up early and went to the gym with a huge smile on my face. For me, getting to the gym is the most important part of the day. I like to get on the treadmill or elliptical and blast an Ariana Grande song for 40 minutes. Today I actually dropped my phone off the treadmill (so embarrassing) while jamming to Ari. I have days where something will be on my mind and just doesn’t seem to go away, and going to the gym helps to clear it all away. Getting a good workout in makes me a more energetic and positive person.

Ariana Grande’s new album really put it all together for me. She has always been an inspiration in my life and her new album made a sensor go off in my head this week. It screamed: there is no time for fooling around with things that don’t make you perfectly happy. Her sense of pushing through all the bad times, because there are so many good ones ahead, is so empowering to me. Ariana is such a positive influence to women of all ages. A Pitchfork review noted, “these songs of affirmation feel lighter, freer, and more fun, carried effortlessly by Grande’s undeniable voice.” I try to make each day bigger and brighter with Ariana’s voice IN MY HEAD.